RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
vladivar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

new to morrowin question

hi

just bought the morrowind gold pack (morrowwind + tribunal) and bloodmoon
does it matter if I install the game and expansions at the same time, or will that just confuse me with quests etc, or all the expansions distinct different areas in the game?

thanx
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:19 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Installing them all at the same time might be really dangerous - the Tribunal expansion main quest starts shortly after you install the add-on, and to be true: I see no way for a really low-level character to survive this. So better start with Morrowind alone, and only after your character has gathered experience should you install the expansions.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:30 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Well we do not want to "spoil" you. But I do not fully agree with Jaz. I began my new game with Tribunal and had just several problems with sleeping :]. You will soon know what I am talking about. But nothing to worry about. And Bloodmoon should not make any difference to your game.
Both expansions are for high level characters, but you can start their quests and travel to new location when you will be ready.
I nearly recommend you to install at least Tribunal. It will make you Journal far more useful and improve your orientation in quests.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:03 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The new Journal and map functions were really helpful, but as it is my poor 11th level character had terrible difficulties with the 'sleeping' thing Danicek mentioned, so I don't dare to imagine how a first level character would fare. I really admire Danicek's first level character if he survived it all .
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:31 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

In my opinion you shouldn't have any problems with having a low-level character, unless you push your luck!

On the Tribunal side, yes the "sleeping" thing is nasty, but it's very unlikely at low levels and is scaled against the level of your character. The first "thing" you encounter should start that quest off, and if you follow it immediately to the point of "going somewhere new" the threat should be eliminated. You can then return to normal life and deal with it later.

Bloodmoon won't intrude on your life at all, you'll discover it's there and be told how to get there, but no more. The new area is very hostile to low levels, but if you don't actually [i]visit[i/] you should be fine!
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:16 am
Jazz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have a question to:
what level should I be in when I start on Tribunal and Bloodmoon
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:13 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Depends on your character (skills)... but around 25+ should be safe.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:02 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

@Jaz
Do not think I am so courageous. I
a) run away
b) reload and try to sleep once more

@Jazz
There should be no problem with this. Just try it when you think you are ready - you can always return back and try it again. There is nothing you can spoil or every quest you begin you can stop and continue later.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:20 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Dani - my character did both as well, you're right, but still... he didn't like it too much .
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:45 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Well, my character also did not like it and nearly everytime reload and "try to sleep once more" helped :].
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:49 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

But my low-level char who ran into this problem was (and still is) afflicted with a serious blood disease, so sleeping won't help him regenerate, and living off rats and scribs while fleeing from assassins and keeping a distrustful eye on the night sky just is not his idea of having a good time .
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:08 pm
Ryberg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think you guys are overreacting a bit, I have started over in Morrowind a lot of times and I survived the attacks of a certain order without any mentionworthy problems. If you are to insecure of your fighting skills, you shouldnt install Tribunal yet, but it is no problem. Overall, you get more advantages than disadvantages when you install Tribunal

And Jaz, I have a hard time believing that you have a lvl 11 character who cant defeat the attacks. The ones you meet at lvl 11 is as hard as them you meet when you are lvl 1. If you need tips on making a good character(no offence ) please, feel free to PM me.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hehe, no offense taken. My main character had no trouble at all surviving both Morrowind's and Tribunal's main quests, neither had my No.2, but as I said, my poor level 11 guy unfortunately became a vampire somewhere along the way, something I found to be most unpleasant and very detrimental to survival. I take it he'll be really fine as soon as he gets himself cured (something he's already working at), but right now his condition is an impediment. But relief is in sight. Thanks for the offer.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:00 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not think that new character can survive night attacks without need to relaod. I was withouth chance, then it was better, but one night they came two of them and it was again too much for me.
They are also too quick (ussually) to run away from them.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:04 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I try to keep the attacks going for as long as possible. You can get quite a lot of cash from selling their stuff.

My current character started fighting them at level 1, and didn't clear things up until level 4-5 or so. While they are very nasty at high levels, they are scaled against the player's level, and at low levels are utterly ineffectual. Just a good way of making money!
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:51 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next