BloodRayne coming to a TV near you?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

BloodRayne coming to a TV near you?

There are some interesting rumors floating around about a BloodRayne Animated Series. Some words from Liz:

quote:
Originally posted by Liz Buckley from Majesco
Not confirmed. Still in negotiation actually. We'll see what happens. If it comes together, you'll hear about it first on BR2.com.

Anyone for some vampire, butt-kicking toon action?
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:30 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Now that depends on style. Manga or more adult oriented anime, yes. Utterly censored western Saturday morning cartoon, no.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:27 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

Yes..i agree...i don't think parents would approve of there 7 and 8 year olds watching a leather clad vampire moaning and groaning as she sucks blood from an enemy......
Lestat
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:22 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hot off the presses!
Looks like it'll be getting the big screen treatment:

quote:
BloodRayne Game Franchise Will Be Following Others to Movie Theaters
Author: DAVID WARD

Hoping to imitate the big-screen success of Resident Evil and the Tomb Raider films, game publisher Majesco announced its hit horror/action adventure game BloodRayne will be made into a movie tentatively set for a holiday 2004 release.

The German production company Vierte Boll Kino Beteiligungs-GMbH & Co. KG (Boll Kg) purchased the license and indicated the live-action film, set to be produced by Shawn Williamson (White Noise), will be budgeted at about $30 million.

Boll Kg is intent on carving out a niche in adapting games for the big screen, having already produced the upcoming House of the Dead. It’s also shooting an adaptation of Alone in the Dark, with Christian Slater, Tara Reid and Stephen Dorff.

“We think BloodRayne is a dynamic, compelling antihero and a contemporary, smart standard-bearer for the genre,” Boll Kg executive producer/director Dr. Uwe Boll said in a statement announcing the deal. “We look forward to bringing her -- and the game -- to life on film.”

While not a blockbuster of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City proportions, BloodRayne has been a solid hit since its release late last year, selling more than 500,000 units across the PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube platforms. A PC version recently arrived on shelves as well.

The game’s titular heroine is a buxom “dhampir,” someone with all the powers of a vampire with none of the weaknesses. In BloodRayne, she goes after Nazis intent on raising supernatural monsters.

Majesco marketing VP Ken Gold said a game sequel is already in development and will likely hit shelves around October 2004 -- the same time the film is scheduled to reach theaters.

Majesco developed the game with the hope it would be ported to other mediums, but Gold stressed that Boll Kg approached Majesco with the offer to turn the sexy lead character BloodRayne into a movie.

And while he’s confident the film will attract a huge audience among both horror fans as well as gamers, Gold said the movie will help the BloodRayne game franchise regardless of its ultimate box office performance.

“It’s definitely beneficial to the game in that the two will feed off of each other,” he said. “The buzz and marketing surrounding the movie release will enable us to reach a wider audience overall, especially when it comes to getting people who like the movie to get interested in the game.” He added Majesco won’t stop with movies either, suggesting the company is also entertaining offers to make a BloodRayne animated TV series.

Source: Hive4media.com

As for the animated series, some more bits:

quote:
Originally posted by Liz Buckley from Majesco
If the TV series does happen, it won't be done in an anime style.

Majesco has limited input on the movie and no say whatsoever in casting. Uwe's second movie--Alone in the Dark--does have some names in it like Christian Slater, Tara Reid and Stephen Dorff (as opposed to House of the Dead which had none that I'm aware of). Since they expect BR to have a bigger budget than AITD, they should have more surplus to spend on decent talent. I believe they start casting within the next few months.

Liz Buckley
PM, Majesco

So, no anime BloodRayne. Depending on where they plan to sell the cartoon will have an effect on how "adult" it will be.
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:05 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

kewl...so they may be making a movie....wonder if my parents would let me see it if they do make it...probally not..lol
Lestat
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:08 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...

YES, YES, YES!

Awesome news! I hope the movie won't suck, well, the vampires can suck blood, but no other sucking should go on!
If they don't do the aminated series in an anime style, then I hope they at least do it like those Spawn cartoon from a few years back. Those cartoons at least had some blood and guts.
Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:02 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Yeah heard about the movie sometime ago. The question is what it would be - i am hoping for a dark, grim and violent atmosphere with technically brilliant plot and intelligence story.

Or it would be like Spawn, which is pretty good. The recently released Underworld also interesting, starring Kate Beckinsale (story about female vampire warrior and clans in-fighting).

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:03 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda

Yeah, I saw that movie recently. It's not too bad. It was just really loud. It wouldn't be too bad if they did it dark and goth like that one.
Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:00 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Ugh, I hope it's not totally like Underworld. That movie was far too loud and the werewolves were too busy posing for the camera to be scary.
Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:57 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

You know, maybe we shouldn't put too much hope and expectation on this film. It's been develop by a rather unknown German studio, and i beg with rather low budget too.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:04 am
Secret Agent Lawanda

Big budgets and known studios don't always translate into great films. Look at Waterworld.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:15 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*shiver* Don't make me remember that movie!

Money and names are no substitute for a plot and good acting.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:49 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Yeah, Kevin Costner was known to be quite demanding in term of acting, film-making and meddling with director's decisions. That's what i read couple years ago. Now he always end up in small films.

Of course, it's wellknown factor that big budget won't guarantee an excellent film. But an A-list or proven actor/actress will always demand higher pay, same with technical side things which always cost more. In another way, it's known that some small film with small budget still capable to produced a good movie. However, this is not often the case.

Anyhow, we see the film is good or not when it come out.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:24 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

True, it's a little hard to judge it when it hasn't even been filmed yet.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:49 am
Secret Agent Lawanda

Well, I'll still be a little excited about it. I like vampire movies.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:43 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next