I could use a little bit of advice with my mage
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

I could use a little bit of advice with my mage

Well my mage is now level 28 and she still hasn't left the Rivertown area, lol. I just got done doing the Stormfist castle quests and Iona's dungeon (well I went back in to expolre level 2), so it looks like I might make it past my level 35 mark (that's how far I planned ahead my character). Any ways I have a few questions about stats and skills, so here it goes.

1. How much strength should I put into my mage before I stop raising it? Right now her strength is at 64.

2. Which spell is better in the long run? Seeking Flame or Elemental Strike? So far those are the only two spells I haven't been able to find books for.

3. Hellspikes. So far I have two levels in it and I'm think it currently sucks. Does the spell get better at higher levels?

4. When should I start worring about raising my resistance? So far everything is under 20 and it hasn't effected me at all. I thinking all that might change once I leave the Rivertown area tho.

5. Which curse is better to waste your skill points on? The Withering Curse or the Survivor's skill Curse? I have level 1 in both and I really can't tell a difference between them.

6. So far I haven't been saving any skill points (too many skills I wanna buy and not enough points ). Would it be worth it now to start saving points so I have some to spend when I become the Divine One? I read about the Divine One's skills and they don't sound all that great.

7. Mana drain items. Do they exist? I've found an endless suppy of Life Leech ones, but nothing that drains mana. At the moment my mage has over 1.2k mana and it's still not enough!

And now a bit of bragging. The loot system has made this game too easy for me - well so far. Around level 13 I found a Shining Sword with the following mods; Death Blow 5, Poison Damage 5, and Life Leech 5. The thing also has 4 charm slots. From level 13 to level 26 (that's when I hit the Cursed Abby) I was running around killing EVERYTHING in my path with one or two hits.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 10:52 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

1.The main use for strength is to be able to use better equipment.

So its not very useful, but it helps you wear the killer items. I dont recall exactly, but u need almost 100 for some of the stuff

other than that, dexterity controls all the combat so its much more powerful.

3. Yes max out hellspikes. Perhaps bugged, it ignores magic resistance. It will quickly be ur biggest damaging spell.

4. Yah u will need a lot of restitance as the monsters change.

6. save about 5. Because you dont know which ones you need yet. If you need one more lock pick to get in something, u have it there to add. If you need one more telekinesis to get something , you can use it.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 1:13 pm
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks.

I've been collecting lage resistance charms so as soon as I find a few large vit/con and mana/intel ones I'll start swaping out my equipment. I have a few items that have 5 charm slots that I've been holding onto, so now all I need is those others ones I just listed.

Also I've been raising my strength and agility 2:3 at each level up since 10 (from 1 to 10 I did a 2:3 agility/intel just to boost my mana), so I guess I'll keep doing that until I have a natural strength of 75 or so and use strength chrams when needed.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 10:48 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Freeze was my most used spell, with hellspikes probably second. The Divine spells are basically @#$%.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon May 03, 2004 2:51 am