Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do you break the cheat chair at the game's beginning?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
phaota
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do you break the cheat chair at the game's beginning?

I've tried and tried to smash the chair behind the table by the wall ten times in the goblin prison at the game's start, but the bone club shatters after the second hit. What am I doing wrong? The cheat says to take the left bone on the floor and hit the chair ten times to break it for all the goodies within. So far, I'll never get the stuff because the bone isn't strong enough to last two hits. HELP!
Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:05 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Welcome to the Dot first of all.
Just use the bone 10 times on the chair. Don't use the space bar at all. Meaning you F key it on the chair. Not try to break the bone or the chair. Hope that helps.

Edit: You do have pc version I hope. I don't know if it works for xbox, I never checked that out. (Don't have one. LOL)
Mark Twain
Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:20 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

As someone who loves this game, I'd just like to ask why do you plan to use the cheat? Really, it's not necessary and you risk spoiling a great game.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:00 pm
phaota
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

For one that loves the game, so far, the items in the chair do not constitute actual cheating since you just get a "meteor saber and full Ylside’s Armor. You also get some nice inventory tokens, which are being used and/or activated with the right mouse button and have to be used on the chicken icon then to activate its function. So you can switch to different states of gameplay, different character roles and different inventory items". It's not like I'm asking for infinite health and magic (though those would be nice too as times).

BTW CM, I've tried what you suggested. I hovered the bone in and on the chair, and hit the F or RETURN key 10 times to no avail. I've tried tossing the bones the amount of needed times into the chair. I've tried F and RETURN keying the bone on the chair and stool when the red X appears. Nothing. Please help. Thanks.
Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:01 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Only thing I can think of is did you install the patch? You didn't saw if you are pc, but I assume you are. If you have that then I would just do a reinstall of the game if you are not too far in and want to use the cheat. If you do have pc and do reinstall, be sure to go in and manually delete all JoWood files that are left after the uninstall is complete. Sorry, but that is only helps I have for it. Sounds like you are doing it right. Provided you are using the correct bone, you seem to be doing all the right things. Hope you get it sorted out for yourself.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:11 pm
phaota
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I downloaded the patch and installed it the other night with negative results. When I tried to start the game, I just kept getting a "wrong disc" error window popping up on the screen. That didn't make any sense because the game disc was in the CD drive. So I totally uninstalled the game and reloaded it. It worked fine after that, without the patch. I think the problem was that I didn't need to do the patch because I notice 1.17 when I start the game normally. So my game disc is already up to version specs. In concerns to the item chair, I wonder if the programmers took it out with version 1.17?
Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:15 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by phaota
For one that loves the game, so far, the items in the chair do not constitute actual cheating since you just get a "meteor saber and full Ylside’s Armor. You also get some nice inventory tokens

Not sure what the inventory tokens are but that other stuff sure sounds like cheating to me. Not that it matters, its your game and its completely up to you if you want to spoil it. Personaly I would finish the game as it was meant to be played first. Its not like the game is even that hard anyway. Sounds like with that stuff it will be impossible to die, even if you wanted to.
Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:13 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

@ phaota, you must have the second release copy with the patch. The patch did not add the cheat so that wouldn't be part of the problem. You could check the JoWood boards for help. Or you can try to email one of the devs that has been so helpfull here before. jroby@arkane-studios.com is the address. Someone else said they didn't get a response so don't know if that is still right one.

You may have similar problem to what I had trying to use the cheat. I always crashed every time I tried to use it and never did find out what was causing that problem. Sorry I have no other answers, but as Chekote said, the game is great without the cheat. Just be sure to save save and save again.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:37 am
corwin

jroby usually drops in here at the Dot at least once a week, so he may well see your question. The chief Arx mod at the official JWood forums is my mate Adam who sometimes drops in here as well. He's a great guy who is always happy to help. I'm sure someone will be able to help, but have you tried other bones?

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:37 am
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Here's how to make it work. Combine the bone with the chair 10x (i.e. Rat ribs + fire = cooked ribs). It works with 1.17
Post Thu May 26, 2005 11:26 pm
ermac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

LOL.Why cheat.This game is better if you don't cheat.You'd spoil the effect.
Well it's up to you guy.
Post Tue May 31, 2005 7:11 pm