20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author Thread
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Levelling

I was interested to discover what various people thought were the best ways to level in the game. It's been very difficult finding threads dealing with this issue. There's lots of long threads about the Romance options, but I only found one short thread on this topic at the official Bioware forums, and none here, so I thought I'd start one. Balancing classes in the game appears to me to be important, especially as if affects skills, feats and force powers. After thought and study, I've decided to go with a 5/15 split. I'm running a scoundrel/consular first time through. What do the rest of you think?

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:26 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm well Im level 5 scout right now... and I have no idea what your talking about.

Do I change classes soon? Where is the option for that?
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:10 am
cwey
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well I am not sure what is the best but I was level 6 when I became a jedi. For consular, you only gain 1 skill point per level so I think its better if you are a bit higher in your "normal" level before you become a jedi. That and plus you only gain 4 hit points for consular per level.

And to answer Stamar's question:
You will become a jedi latter in the game and you will have have the choice of 3 jedi classes to chose from. And my advice to you is, once you hit level 5 or 6 as a scout/scoundrel/soldier etc, stop leveling up and save your "levels" for when you become a jedi as there's a level cap of 20. That is assuming you want to have more jedi levels.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:14 am
amos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I made my change after level 6. I was a scoundrel and wanted that extra defence upgrade that occured there.

For Stamar, what he is talking about is the level you are at when you reach Dantooine and become a Jedi. The game sort of natually has you at level 8 when you get to that. What you can do is hold off on your leveling up. Yes, there is a big L over your character, but you don't have to do it. I just reached level 6, and didn't do any more level ups until I became a jedi. That meant I'll now will have 14 level ups as a Jedi, instead of the more normal 12. That results in more force powers and more force available to me at the end of the game. There is some loss as I don't get as many skill upgrades, etc.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:45 pm