Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
As a Firemage, how am I supposed to kill the Trolls?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I can confirm the run around and kick troll's ass tactic.

I did it in Chapter 1 by turning into a snapper and biting off chunck after chunck off its ass.
Post Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:31 pm
Yozi
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Here's the trick:
notice there is so much space between his body and arm that you can fit through. Run towards him and go to his backside while his arms are raised. Take some whacks as he's turning. Just before he's finished turning, run between his arm and body, go behind his back and take some more whacks while he turns again. You can usually get 3 hits in before you need to run around him. Eventually he will fall for 1000 XPs!
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:32 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: As a Firemage, how am I supposed to kill the Trolls?

[quote="kriksa]Funny, for some reason Biff was too chicken and didn't wanna fight the rock dragon with me so I never though he was of much use when it came to dragon slaying.[/quote]

He'll hang back until after you've talked to the dragon, but will charge into action once the fighting starts. If not automatically, then just draw the dragon closer to him a bit and he'll attack.

Try not to shoot Biff with arrows, though, he's turned and attacked me a couple of times about that. (Sorry about that, Biff ol'buddy! )

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:47 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The run arround the troll tactic is far to be as eay than I read here. I haven't tried the trick to "run under his arm" which isn't the running arround tactic, I should try this one too.

But about the running arround, it just doesn't work but only if you run run run until he stops to shout then go hit him once and then run run run again.

I strongly doubt you can do that with a sample wood and at level 1 because it will take hours and you will do errors, this is just a virtual possibility. Also are you doing any damages with just a wood?
Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:04 pm
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I kind of doubt that a wooden stick would work because the damage it inflicts would be less than the trolls weapon protection which means no damage. You don't have to wait for him to shout, just wait until you are pretty much in the back quadrant of his body. You should also be locked onto him and strafing around - every so often you'll need to move forward a little in order to keep your strafing circle fairly small.
Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:43 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Killing troll in Chapter 1

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit

But about the running arround, it just doesn't work but only if you run run run until he stops to shout then go hit him once and then run run run again.

Running around works (at least with the black troll). If you need more running speed and power, turn into a snapper - those beasts are fast: I managed to bite a troll twice every round, and 3-4 times when the troll was lifting hands.

This worked in Chapter 1 of Gothic 2 Gold.
Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:41 pm
znppt
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I summoned six goblin skeletons and kill it easily.
Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:17 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3