Usergroups
KotOR II. - Characters
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

I always had Atton when he was available (Some of his lines were gold!) and Visas too (She was wicked cool), when I got her. If I had another slot I would take T3 with me - in KotOR2 he is such an important character! "Deet, deet!"

As for seeing Revan's old friends:
Spoiler:
Yup, to see Carth near the end you must say that Revan was LS. Bastila makes an appearance in that scene too (Yay!) - but I'm not sure if it depends on Revan's gender. If Revan was DS then you can see Bastila's holocron on Korriban - otherwise it is damaged. Also, when I said that Revan was LS male and had enough intelligence I could get T3 to play a message from Bastila that was hidden in the droid.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:42 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It does depend on what gender you make Revan. The same with the recording you find in T3.
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:39 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

The absolute annoying character to me was Kreia...always telling me what to do and trying to get my friends killed.
Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:38 am
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Val
It does depend on what gender you make Revan. The same with the recording you find in T3.

No it doesn't.. I made Revan male, and still met up with Carth at the end of the game..

I don't know about the recording though.. I don't use my skillpoints on repair, I find it useless when I have Bao-Dur in my party..
Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:18 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I was refering to whether you meet Bastila at the end. You only see Carth on Telos if you made Revan female.
Post Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:13 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

What gender you say Revan is has actually significant effect as to whom you see or what you see.

If you say that Revan was a light side, male char who was redeemed as a jedi, you will see Bastila's recordings and even Bastila closer to the end of the game. You will see Carth (in person) as well, when you tell that Revan was a lightsider, though there's no difference whether you say he's a male or female. Not sure if you will see Carth in person when you say that Revan was a darksider, and most likely wont see Bastila's holos (although I am not betting on it, as I didn't play as darksider).

There's a holocron in Sith Academy on Korriban, if you're darksider, you can see it and it will shed some light on Revan. If you're lightsider, you have to blow the door open and the holocron will then be damaged, and not show anything. So, basically, it does affect the story and whom you see quite a bit, depending whom you say Revan was - male or female, lightside or darkside, redeemed Jedi or not redeemed.

Kreia.. Kreia is inheretly not an evil person. She likes the situations where you manipulate things for your best result. Doing too much good deeds to every bum out there who asks for help, she doesn't like it. Killing every sucker just because you can - she doesn't like it. You have to manipulate things for best result, which sometimes is a good act, sometimes an 'evil' act and sometimes neutral. That she does like.

I wouldn't limit the party only to some chars only. There are numerous situations, where different party members on different planet are good, even if you just want to get influence bonus. For example, Bao Dur - good to have him with you on Nar Shadaa, and let him see how you heal one refugee - blam, influence gained. Let him repair the air speeder and comment how good work it was - blam, influence gain. Handmaiden also likes when you heal that refugee, adds influence with her. Some chars at the same time can be "converted" into jedi or influence gained without even leaving the Ebon Hawn, assuming you have good awareness or intelligence or wisdom. Just talk with them, choose reasonable options and done. Mira is one of such, for example.

Then there are chars with whom the influence, as seen so far, doesn't really matter. I mean, t here's no need to lose it with them, but neither work to gain it as it doesn't give really anything at all. These are for example HK-47, G0-T0. All that gives are some additional non-story related dialogue options and sometimes some hilarious comments/replies, but all in all, totally useless. Mandalore is also a person who really needs no big time influence gaining and doesn't really offer anything in return either. He's there as a tank, soldier, just doing his job. Load up with good weapons, get good talents and let him do the hard work, he's OK with that

And, again about Kreia - it is good to have influence with her, as her stories are quite good and shed a lot of light on Revan and Jedi's and Sith and so on. So while she can be annoying old biddy at times, or at many times, she's still worth gaining the influence for.
Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:56 am
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I was refering to whether you meet Bastila at the end. You only see Carth on Telos if you made Revan female.

That's funny, because I saw Bastila too.. So, you're wrong..
Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:49 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

My light-sided male Jedi who said that Revan was light-side and female did not see hide nor hair of Bastila on Telos. Therefore, I'm not wrong.

Last edited by Val on Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:11 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Or the game is buggier than we know.
As for Kreia: I really couldn't make up my mind about her, while I was flying around the planets - at one moment I had great respect for her and at the next I wanted to stick my lightsaber in her eye.
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:51 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

I had a light side male who stated that Revan was a light side male and at the cut scene near the end I saw Carth and Bastilla talking to each other after my char had spoken to Carth.

***SPOILER***

I wonder if the bastilla bit, may be related to the tomb trial. WhenI met Malak in the first level of the korriban tomb trial bastilla was one of the jedi specters, I used the dialoge option "Bastilla never joined Malak" or something like that. As this relates to how bastilla ended in the first game. I suspect this may have had and impact on if she was at the cutscene as this would have indictated that she was light side at the end of the first game and therefore would have survived and been friends with carth and Revan.

Just a thought as to why we all seem to have different experiences
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:13 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

@Kendrik: The vision in the tomb refers to the recruiting for the Mandalorian Wars and that Bastila did not join Malak and Revan back then.
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:23 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

True but that doens't preclude it from affecting the cutscene as it's one of those lines you don't have to say and I'm sure that when you said it Malak talks about Bastilla joining later or something.
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:53 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Most of the time I used Handmaiden and Bao-Dur, Handmaiden because I liked her, and her Echani Strike ROCKS, and Bao-Dur because he wasn't bad either, but mainly because he could do repair, security and demolitions much better than my character. But I was good, really good, at computers.

I played as a goodie-goodie male, focused heavily on armor and lightsaber fighting.

I've got some very split feelings about this game, I didn't like much of the twists in the story, but it's complexity is interesting. I'll probabl play it again, maybe as a neutral Jedi Sentinel -> Watchman or something.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:24 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

During my second tour around I got quite comfy with G0T0. I know that nobody actually liked him, but... well, I did. He was refreshingly condescending, yet a 'man' of principles. And good to have around when trading.
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:31 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

So you like clichéd, slimy, under-handed businessmen?
Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:17 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next