Map bug?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Map bug?

I'm in the Valley of Mines now...i got a map from the leader of the camp that's in the castle{can't remember the name of him right now} but it's the bigshot who gives you the quest to find the scrapers and then report back...anyway, i've only looked once at my map yesterday and i saw 3 red markings , it showed where i needed to go to find the scrapers..but now whenever i take a look at the map...the markings are gone....
this a bug? i really don't know where i need to go...the beasts are way to strong and to much of them for me to just stroll trough.....i really need the exact places where to go. I already found the paladin who guards the ore chests.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:54 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

If you played Gothic, and I've seen you around alot hehe, I answered this in another thread giving Gothic locations.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:30 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes this is a bug
Look at this link to the map in question
http://forum.jowood.de/attachment.php?s=&postid=286633
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:24 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah, the map dialog and what ends up in you inventory is the same maps but one has the X marks. You can copy one for the other name, but then the other map would have the X marks also when it should not (not the best fix).

The scrapers and the X mark map dialog triggers the location and palcements of scrapers. I am sure they will fix that in the rumored patch? the pointer is not quite set to point at the correct map with the X which ends up in your inventory is regular map.

I will wait and see if that buglet gets fixed; if not, I could change it in my MOD which I plan to release for people to try after the patch is out and US version is released. Also release DOCs on changing thing for programers to right a better editor than my 1) hex edit the game.dat file by hand with the numbers that corespond to items values and what and at what format string to look for 2) crude DOS based free GNU C++ editor that works in the Windows DOS box to do the changes easier and faster (simple lok up table and replace program).
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:33 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks alot for the map picture.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:47 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Did you bought the map of the vally of mines?
if so than mayb you looked at the wrong map the map of the mines called "ground mine map" (i think)
if not... No idia...
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:01 am