Great module!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Great module!

It's called the Graveron Seduction. Plain out it rocks so far! It is my favorite so far.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:05 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

What is it you like so much about this mod?
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:03 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I've seen that one, but never DL'd it. Like Lintra said, what makes it so good?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:52 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Story!

The story is really cool! Multiple text choices that dissappear if you choose something else. Multiple ways to accomplish things. Download it and try it!
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:51 am
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Another good mod

Gates of Myth Dranor. Fun mod. I'm not going to elaborate why I like each mod but if you want some advice when looking through the gadzillions of mods then here it is! Other people should list ones they like.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:42 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
I've seen that one, but never DL'd it. Like Lintra said, what makes it so good?

Graveron Seduction is possibly my favorite SP mod. Although, I'm still working on completing it; I'll elaborate on some of the goods:

Graphics & Sound: This seems silly (since we know how NWN looks and sounds) , but many mods place random items in bare, dull looking rooms that detract from the value of the graphics. However, the author uses a lot of detail. I find myself wandering around the vineyards (first huge area) just to see what little details he (the author) has left. You'll see vineyard workers inspecting casks and guard dogs pouncing around the fields. Good use of ambient sounds as well, you'll notice every tinker of the sword, gushing of the waterfall, and howl of the night. It'll chorus together in a way the OC never dreamed.

Role-Playing: Lots of dialog giving chances to use your diplomatic skills. Want to threaten an NPC? You'll only get one chance for that suceed/failure toss up. Fail and you'll be left in the dark on some important info/items. There are plenty of dialog options and they disappear after you choose one...so you can't shift from good to evil through the course of convo. ..and the mod also promises that thieves can be thieves...although I don't know what that means since I'm playing a cleric.

Story: Well written and involving. You'll feel for the characters and scripts. The script with the plundered wagon (near the beginning) makes me feel sorrow for those unlucky fools....how their misfortune is my salvation. (since I scrap their fallen gear to defend myself) Good Stuff.

Challenge: Not incredibly hard...of course, I'm playing a cleric. I tried a rogue and got creamed. It's a level 1 adventure, but starting at 2 or 3 with probably wouldn't hurt.

Bugs: I've noticed maybe one or two, Graveron works fine with SoU 1.30

Rating: I'd give it - 8.3

So that concludes a brief review.... hopefully others will post their fav mods as well. So far I'd recommend Graveron, the Dreamcatcher series, and Lone Wolf Ch. 2.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:01 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Here's another vote for Graveron Seduction being one of the BEST role-playing experiences I've had since finishing Gothic 2. I'd give it a 9/10.

The coolest thing about it, is that its so much fun - and does NOT require SoU OR any hakpaks! So it's basically using all the so-called "boring stuff" (tilesets, placeables, music) from the original NWN game to make a kickass role-playing experience.

Other good mods:

Harper's Tale series - 8/10
Dreamcatcher series (up to #2, which is where I am) - 8.5/10

If you read the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin (fantasy novels) then you might like the ASoIaF mod by SnowWolf. It's not that *great* (7/10) but its cool to play if you are a fan of the books.

Also, before you play Dreamcatcher, its recommended to slave your way through Shadowlords and use that character for it. Reason I say "slave" is because the Shadowlords series is quite awful compared to Dreamcatcher, hard to believe they were made by the same person. But the author intended the second one as a follow-up, so it would be useful to have some of the special magic items and whatnot from the first series.

Side-note: The Graveron Seduction is further proof of the power of the NWN game engine/system. To convince people who hate NWN how good it really is, they should play THAT instead of the awful official campaign! I know from my time at the RPGDot Gothic forums, a lot of people seem to hate NWN, but that is totally unwarranted as they are basing their opinion solely on the official campaign. This game only shows its true colors in an excellent persistent world server like "ALFA" or through an excellent single-player module like "Graveron Seduction".
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:54 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Try "Candle in the dark". Great (hardcore for low level characters) mod. Has some flows, but still great.

BTW: Where can I get this graveron seduction?
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:57 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Try NWN Vault.
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:33 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Download link for Graveron:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1041451738359.shtml

From there, you can use the search engine form to look for the other mods mentioned in this thread.
Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:27 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Thanx to you both!
Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:58 am