Usergroups
Is it supposed to be like his or do I have a faulty version
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Alright, I have played Gothic for a while and there is some things I find really strange. Let be just say that I have the English version of Gothic! Alright now I list the things I find strange and then I would like you to state if it is the same with you and perhaps give and explanation!

1.Everytime I knock a guy down a guy, in this case a poor man and search his body, a picture of a blue ore is always showed which should mean that the guy actually has 1 Ore, but im not able to take it!!

2.I had about 20 Ore and was īknocked down by a man, and as always he searced my pocket for Ore. The strange think is, that he said, Even do I have 20 Ore, that he could not find any on me. Also, when im knocked down by an enemy, they only takes 5 Ores or so, instead of taking all my Ores.

3. In the Old camp, your not allowed to enter the gate, to the place where Gomez castle lies. However if you draw your weapon and run through, you can enter, and get into all the shops in the place, and Gomez castle, noone will kill you or say your are not allowed to be here, when you talk to them.

4. Something, by characters freezes or gets stuck in a wall. For example, I made a high jump and landed a little funny, which made my character unable to move or anything. I tried to quit the game, so I could load a new game, but was not able to do so. Also at a point I was about to speak to a character, when suddenly I could not move, but I could draw my weapon.

Please tell me if these things has happened to you too, and perhaps give me an explanation why!
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 8:18 pm
jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hi!

Strange problems you mentioned. They don't happen with anybody else, as Gothic is known to be 100% bug free. Your copy must be defective.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 8:41 pm
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Could someone please answer me serious. Is Gothic really that bugfree and has anyone else experimentet the same?
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 9:04 pm
Username
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hell no its not bug free, by far by 100 % but I have never had the ore problem, the thing with gomez sounds like a good bug rather then a bad one. I have had it where i talk to someone but at the same time they attack me and then im stuck in the "talk" camera angle in which case i properly stab myself *cheat and use H* and it usually fixes the problem. But remember kids, suicide isnt the solution, except in Gothic.

[ This Message was edited by: Username on 2001-12-27 15:51 ]
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 9:50 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I'll just answer a few of these:

1.Everytime I knock a guy down a guy, in this case a poor man and search his body, a picture of a blue ore is always showed which should mean that the guy actually has 1 Ore, but im not able to take it!!

A bug, there are some bugs with inventory pictures I have heard of.

2.I had about 20 Ore and was īknocked down by a man, and as always he searced my pocket for Ore. The strange think is, that he said, Even do I have 20 Ore, that he could not find any on me. Also, when im knocked down by an enemy, they only takes 5 Ores or so, instead of taking all my Ores.

Most people only take some of your ore when they knock you down, about 50-25%. This is normal, its done so that you don't lose your life savings due to one fight. They occasionaly find no ore on you for some reason I suspect this could be a fault.

3. In the Old camp, your not allowed to enter the gate, to the place where Gomez castle lies. However if you draw your weapon and run through, you can enter, and get into all the shops in the place, and Gomez castle, noone will kill you or say your are not allowed to be here, when you talk to them.

Yup, this is a genuine bug that works on all versions including the demo. It also works on all check points guarded by people.

4. Something, by characters freezes or gets stuck in a wall. For example, I made a high jump and landed a little funny, which made my character unable to move or anything. I tried to quit the game, so I could load a new game, but was not able to do so. Also at a point I was about to speak to a character, when suddenly I could not move, but I could draw my weapon.

This to is a bug that happens occasionally with different people, sadly you will just have to wait for a patch.

There is also a replication bug that you will come across when making items (cooking, blacksmithsm, etc.) that, for example, allows you to have more than double the number of cooked meat than the raw meat you have cooked.

Oh, BTW you are talking out your ass jldawson , this is a good game but it is NOT bug free, where the hell did you get that? This game has many issues which need to be patched.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez on 2001-12-27 16:44 ]
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:38 pm
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

They problem with the Blue Ore being showed, I first experimentet, when I killed the two menn camping near the old camp. Neither of them had any money, but a picture of an ore was showed anyways. Please try and kill these guys and search there bodys and tell me if it's the same with you.

Also, im level 3 and stole a weapon from Gomez weapon room. Then I tried to kill the guards, guarding one of the entrances to the old camp, but I could not even hurt them just a little. I hit them two times I thing, before they knocked me down, and they did not lose any health at all!

The last things I weant to ask, is that when I look over the lanscape or one of the camps, from top of a hill, some of the graphic gets messed up, with big brown areas!
I have a Geforce 2 TI 64 MB and a Pentium 4 1600 MHZ!
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:02 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

The guard didn't get hurt as he is far too strong with much too good armour for you hurt him. The graphic problrm with the brown *could* be cauased by old graphics drivers, especially as you have a GF3, I'd check nVidias site.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:17 pm
jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Fez,
I thought to answer the question sensibly, which was to not answer it seriously. If you scan posts by Herrx, you'll see that this is all he does (i.e. nitpick). And not just on this board.

You're wasting your time by answering him.

[ This Message was edited by: jldawson on 2001-12-27 18:08 ]
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 12:07 am
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Does any human you kill, have a picture of a blue Ore in there inventory even if they don't have any, when you knock them down or kill them?
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 12:24 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:

On 2001-12-27 18:07, jldawson wrote:
Fez,
I thought to answer the question sensibly, which was to not answer it seriously. If you scan posts by Herrx, you'll see that this is all he does (i.e. nitpick). And not just on this board.

You're wasting your time by answering him.

[ This Message was edited by: jldawson on 2001-12-27 18:08 ]

Oh, sorry if this is the case then I apologise, but it looked like you were trying to be unfriendly and nasty by lying to the new folks. Remember though that you shouldn't feed trolls.

If you *are* getting errors Herrx then of course check the drivers are new/latest (and I mean check, don't assume) then you will just have to put up with it (until a patch fixes it). There are some very small inventory errors with pictures appearing and dissapearing, but if the item is not affected, if its there then you can still pick it up, so its no real problem it seems just a bit strange at first.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 12:46 am
jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Sorry. I'd thought everyone was familiar with him by now.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 1:13 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Did you notice that in the manual of the english version they show the names of the German people who did the voices; but not the names of the English people that did the voices. Anyone else notice that?

Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 1:36 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Max Killen
----------
Well, I must say, that I really noticed that in the manual of the english version they show the names of the German people who did the voices; but not the names of the English people that did the voices...

Best Regards
JemyM

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:30 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2001-12-29 19:30, JemyM wrote:
Max Killen
----------
Well, I must say, that I really noticed that in the manual of the english version they show the names of the German people who did the voices; but not the names of the English people that did the voices...

Best Regards
JemyM

I really wasn't concerned with who did the English voices in the game. I was trying for a little tongue-in-cheek humor concerning some of the redundant meanlingless posts that herrx has posted here and in other forums
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:33 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I found just one problem in this game, but this problem is really very very very big. There are no names of engilsh actors. Shiiiiit

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 5:49 pm