View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
Maybe we should all have a coffee/beer/soft drink before we continue the discussion so it is about the game and our opinions of the game and not a slanging match which deteriorates into personal insults.

I think you should avoid the beer. That would probably only advance the confrontation to physical abuse!

@ Daniel: Its not your oppinion most people here are flaming you for, its the way you say it. There are plenty of ways of expressing your dissatisfaction with the game to promote discussion without having to resort to aggresive and offensive remarks like "Retard" etc.

Trust me, it will be a much happier time for you and everyone else if you just kept it civilized.
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:50 pm
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

very well said Chekote.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:47 am
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

This is crazy. I didn't say the people who play the game are retards. I played the game myself, for Christ sake! I just said it was meant for retard kids. It's a big difference, IMO.
But anyway, it's annoying to see people trying to patronize you. And worse - swearing at you. And I don't like that at all. I just don't like a game, what's the big deal?
Kayle, due to your advice I got a doze of beer stolen from the refrigerator. Cheers

Ridica doar degetul mijlociu!"

I'm BAD!
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:11 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

This has gotten really silly. Lock the thread and let's move on to something else.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:37 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

OMG! i missed the flame thread!

Actually on NWN sucks or whatnots = already been discussed last year. Resulting in quite a lot of carnage & bloodbath, i must add .

People mostly criticized the Single-player portion of the game. Well, if i'm correct NWN was originally multiplayer game, but then because the demand from many fans, Bioware added the Single-player portion. That's the point when Bioware did something wrong.

There was an article about the development of NWN in Gamesutra by Bioware themselves (postmortem). Two important objectives for Bioware is to make a successful single-player & multiplayer game. So far from the responses i have seen, BIoware only halfway successful (maybe almost failed) for the Single-player aspect.

Correct me if i'm wrong, although i followed the development of the game since 1998/99 - i forgot many things about the game since then ...
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:22 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
There was an article about the development of NWN in Gamesutra by Bioware themselves (postmortem). Two important objectives for Bioware is to make a successful single-player & multiplayer game. So far from the responses i have seen, BIoware only halfway successful (maybe almost failed) for the Single-player aspect.

I don't think they failed with the OC.... its more of a Diablo type hack n' slash backed by the excellent 3E rules. If it was party based than more people would like it. I know I'm in the minority...most people hate NWN single player, but for a SP tacked on at the end of completion - it wasn't bad at all. However, I'd much rather play the BG series.....or ToEE(wouldn't we all) for a SP experience than NWN anyday. In the end, NWN lives and dies off multi-player and user mods.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:02 am
ballistic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel

But this piece of garbage is a smelly submediocre product I don't want to hear about ever in my life.

smelly?
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:53 am
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

SP was poor

The single player campaign was poor and I remember ranting about dropping 50 bucks for it. But the mods that have been made for it have made the game worth while for me. A couple of good ones are the Graveron Seduction and the Ruins of Myth Dranor. I'm playing one called the Sanctity of Wrath. It is really good so far to. I play single player because I don't have anyone to mp with and it is convenient to do play by yourself.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:24 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel
Val's hostile treatment was ignored and so will be this stan...whatever. What's wrong with you, stan, you're too close to russia or what?

1. I was trying to be polite with you, I even suggested to Kayla to calm down a bit.

2. "This.. stan" thing is humiliating, you know? Thank you very much. In case you seriously cannot read -- this is St. (stands for "saint") Anthony (this is sort of name, ok?) written together, because it is nickname I use everywhere on the Net. You're the first I needed to explain the meaning to.

3. My geographical location doesn't matter, I believe. Neither it is important with regard to what I write. If you cannot talk without sorting people by their names/race/country of origin etc. you cannot talk in civilized way.

My suggestion that with all due respect to Remus this thread should be closed altogether as a flame thread with no real other potential.

EDIT: Corrected some spelling mistakes I made being a bit mad.

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:29 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

This is really sad stuff. Since when is a forum for a game only for those that like said game?Using sarcasm as an excuse for a hostile remark is also getting lame real quick.As for the redneck from Texas,well brother...you say it all!
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:17 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by The Hurricane
I don't think they failed with the OC.... its more of a Diablo type hack n' slash backed by the excellent 3E rules. If it was party based than more people would like it. I know I'm in the minority...most people hate NWN single player, but for a SP tacked on at the end of completion - it wasn't bad at all. However, I'd much rather play the BG series.....or ToEE(wouldn't we all) for a SP experience than NWN anyday. In the end, NWN lives and dies off multi-player and user mods.

Hey The Hurricane i remember you . Haven't seen you here for months. In my opinion Bioware never been totally failed on the OC, it's just average or decent. However, most people surprised with the half-assed OC because Bioware did so good in BG series. That also why (i think) many people became more disppointed than usual, or keep complaining about the OC.

@methusala & Daniel; i agree forums is not for people who like the game only. I have never seen a forums with that forbid people criticizing certain games. However - when the criticizer using strong languages, like XXX is piece of shit or *&%$#+, well, flame would likely erupting.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:01 am
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by methusala
This is really sad stuff. Since when is a forum for a game only for those that like said game?Using sarcasm as an excuse for a hostile remark is also getting lame real quick.As for the redneck from Texas,well brother...you say it all!

Hey! Just because I am from Texas doesn't mean I am a redneck. We have a whole spectrum of tacky people here, so don't pigeonhole me!
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:43 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

*grinding teeth*
lockitlockitlockitlockitlockit
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:09 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by methusala
This is really sad stuff. Since when is a forum for a game only for those that like said game?

No one said that (Read my previous post).
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:36 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The only thing I stated was reality, methusala.

And before this sinks lower. LOCKED.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:03 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2