New about English Version of Gothic 2 Add-on
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
funcroc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

New about English Version of Gothic 2 Add-on

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17924&sid=992f4591c5cbd80ed03a1873b61a8929

quote:
An English version of the add-on to Gothic 2, Night of the Raven, may finally be released in the UK in the next few weeks, according to a representative from publisher Jowood

It's a very substantive add-on - it may only be available as part of a "gold edition" and, as mentioned, will only be available in the UK (so you might have to rely on a retailer that sells imports, like gogamer.com).

If you haven't checked out Gothic 2, this wouild be an ideal opportunity -- it's easily the best RPG in the past several years, in my opinion (and yes, that means I think it's better than the KOTOR games).

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?p=336239#post336239

quote:
Gothic 2 and the Addon, Night of the Raven, will be released in the few weeks in UK. (release date tba)
Gothic 3 will be announced in the beginning of may at the E3.

cheers
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:17 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

That is Desslock again. He said something to that affect about a year ago. Deja vu.

His source is just a repeat of what Vossi said over at the JoWooD forum on March 23, 2005. Nothing new really.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:40 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

We already new this. It was in the Gothic-news a week ago or something like that.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:27 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the info! We heard it some days ago, but better once too often than not aat all.

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
That is Desslock again. He said something to that affect about a year ago. Deja vu.

Last year he posted what he heard from JoWooD at the E3. Itīs not his fault when JoWooD changes plans.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:19 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes, I agree. The Gothic series is the best RPG I ever played. I really hope the rest of the world can experience the genius behind the title.

It may seem JoWooD has gotten the publishing rights back from ATARI.

Did you see how badly DRIV3R 3, the console game, did in sales? DRIV3R was a loser. That was the game ATARI published last spring in place of Gothic 2 NotR in its stead.

I think if ATARI would /can still publish an English Gothic 2 Gold NotR version; it would sell very well.

Alles hail zu der Konig: Gothic!!!
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:50 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

We'll never get it. You know this as well as I do, why keep your hopes up? I'm usually an optimistic guy, but I've settled with the fact that I have to play the German add-on for the rest of my life, and truth be told, I'm ok with it(because the people behind the translation did an excellent job).

JoWood and Atari have never given Gothic the attention it deserves, despite the excellent sales and reviews. At least that is my opinion.
Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:37 am
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

It'll be out eventually Mark my words
Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:10 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup, one day, when everone has given up hope
Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:29 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
We'll never get it. You know this as well as I do, why keep your hopes up? I'm usually an optimistic guy, but I've settled with the fact that I have to play the German add-on for the rest of my life, and truth be told, I'm ok with it(because the people behind the translation did an excellent job).

I agree with that. Jowood is already focussing on a lot of other games (hopefully including Gothic 3).
Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:36 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, that's the way it seems to me as well. Never a word about it. Only the casual "uhh it'll be out some day".. usually when you are about to release something you go around with HUGE posters saying "WE ARE RELEASING NOTR IN JUST 6 YEARS! STAY TUNED!! PRE-ORDER TODAY!!!".. or something similar. None of that so far..
Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:24 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Speaking as a person whos worked in marketing for the last year and a half, advertising NOTR now would be pointless, dont expect big posters, a 'silent' launch is all thats needed in such a case as this.
Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:10 pm
Bombadill
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It`s strange that there is a german, italian, spanish, polish and russian version of NOTR and not an english. It seems someone has decided that the english version won`t sell, so we don`t publish.

When the german, italian, spanish, polish and russian version is out, it is almost provocative that there is no english version out.

Guess is all about numbers
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:46 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

hey you know apparently there's a french version as well now.
but how cares I bought Notr in german when the guys here blessed it be thier name, finished translating it, even with german it's still works great , I'm not going to spend more money buying an english speaking one.
I just hope they won't make all these polish russian french and etc before english in gothic 3
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:18 pm
rasmuslarsen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I've been away for a while but does any of these version have english speaking characters?

I refuse to believe that they have recorded respectively spanish, french, italian and polish/russian voices. :S
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:32 pm
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well the French and Spanish are in English with their respective subtitles. But the Italian, Russian, and Polish versions are voiced in their respective languages.
Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:58 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next