Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Joining the Orcs or Humans , any one gonna join the Orcs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i hope its a choice that you help the orcs cause i dont wanna i loathe those mothas
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:05 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

G3 will be more non-linear than G1-2. I do believe one of the possibilities is to stick with the people supporting Beliar(including the orcs). Probably by helping Xardas instead of facing him.

Remember, if you read everything Xardas wrote in his old cellar in the Monastery(the secret one behind the library), it clearly says that Xardas raised the barrier himself, not to protect the ore, but to imprison the Sleeper. He's been after the whole Chosen of Beliar power thing since long before the barrier was ever created, and he played you for a fool. Basically, everything he tells you in G1 is just one big, fat lie to get you to face the Sleeper(of course, the Sleeper is more powerful than he thinks, so he can't get anywhere near him before he's banished).

Ur'Shak will probably be back, and I'm guessing you can help him too, in some way.

I, however, will kill both Ur'Shak and Xardas as soon as possible. I hate being tricked, and they both played our hero for a fool. Ur'Shaks' plan was all along to become the orcs' new leader(says so when you meet him near the castle in G2), so he too made you look like a real donkey for believing in him. And Xardas.. I already explained why he's going to die.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:38 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

yep im gonna kill both of em if the game allows it
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:52 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

BUT, they both payed you back. Xardas gave me one of his robes and taught me the sixth circle and also charged the Uriziel which i hope i will find and use.

Ur-shak gave us the Illu-Mullu which was a very nice thing.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:45 am
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Remember, if you read everything Xardas wrote in his old cellar in the Monastery(the secret one behind the library), it clearly says that Xardas raised the barrier himself, not to protect the ore, but to imprison the Sleeper.

Hm, but didn't it say something about Beliar being very interested in the magic ore? In my understanding the mages created the Barrier exactly to protect the ore from Beliar. (I think Xardas didn't know of the Sleeper at that time) The ore seems to play an important role all the time... I wonder what will become of this in G3.

I don't know what the gods are playing at! And those mages - they know a lot more than they tell you (Well, the water mages at least).

Xardas is an interesting character. I do not believe he is a typical "I shall destroy/rule the world" villain (Just like the hero isn't a typical hero! Long live PB!). I mean, yes, he devoted himself to the Dark Arts and became the Chosen of Beliar - but! While trying to obtain great power he helped the hero in destroying Beliar's army - and all the evil plans concerning Khorinis failed. Heck, if it weren't for Xardas, the Sleeper would probably awaken in Gothic I! He helped the "good side" a lot (Yet, it looks like Beliar doesn't mind - perhaps Xardas alone is worth more than all those orcs and dragons?). I want to point out another interesting fact - regarding Xardas "using" the hero. When he finally, took the power of the Chosen of Beliar he could've easily killed you - when you're a possible threat to him. Why didn't he? Xardas' intentions are a mystery to me.
I know I don't want to kill Xardas, I don't even want to fight him! If joining Xardas means joining the orcs & Beliar, then I think I will have no choice...
Though, helping orcs in killing your own kind sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Ur-Shaks' plan was all along to become the orcs' new leader

This is another thing I'm unsure about. Ur-Shak would've never be able to join the "evil" orcs if you didn't kill Hosh-Pak. And Ur-Shak is mad at you when you kill Hosh-Pak (who was a mentor to him). He says he never should've trusted you. It seems that the hero just assumes that Ur-Shak was a "tool in the hands of evil" and Ur-Shak is to angry to discuss it. I didn't accept the "kill Hosh-Pak" quest just to stay on good terms with Ur-Shak!
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:55 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Nothing comes free.

Urshak is an orc, how could he simply forget his race - his people? Think about his situation a moment.What would you do if you had to decide beetveen a friendship or saving your race from destruction? Imo his actions were not personal at all. Hero and Urshak are warriors who just happen to be in the different sides of the conflict."Its not personal, its just business" I could imagine them sitting at the campfire and having some beer, but like things are now, it aint possible. Imo Urshak is just trying to save the orcs.Beliar has bee using orcs for his own plans so long, maybe Urshak is trying to end the war or something

What comes to Xardas, he is definitely a megalomaniac mage and works for his own advantage before all.However with his aid we got free along with our friends.And got rid of undead dragon and sleeper.

Xardas knows how to play his cards, but we can not be sure whether he is totally evil. Xardas wants power allright, but I don't think that he wants chaos and suffering to the world.He is not happy about the beliars creatures roaming around the countryside. Avove all he is a human and I belive that he does not want beliar to whipe to his race to oblivion.The undead dragon did not have own will or neither had sleeper, but xardas on the other hand has.So it is the most intresting to see what he will do with his divine powers.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:06 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
Originally posted by Dez
Imo Urshak is just trying to save the orcs.Beliar has bee using orcs for his own plans so long, maybe Urshak is trying to end the war or something

Well, yes, Ur-Shak says he doesn't know why the great war with humans started in the first place, if I remember correctly. Although the hero and him are only one orc and one human I think that they could work together to somehow stop the war. Who else if not them? There isn't another human & orc that don't attack each other on sight.

quote:
Originally posted by Dez
The undead dragon did not have own will or neither had sleeper, but xardas on the other hand has.So it is the most intresting to see what he will do with his divine powers.

I agree.
Edit: But still, he is the Chosen of Beliar. He is supposed to serve Beliar.
So, if he will not submit to the dark god's will, won't Beliar simply strip him of his powers?
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:29 pm
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My mission is clear. eliminate all who stand in my way
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:44 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

A few things:
1) Ur'Shaks' intention was all along to get into the good grace of the orcs again. He tells you when you meet him for the first time in the valley of mines(in G2) that he has arranged a meeting with an orc leader(Hosh'Pak). This is not to discuss peace, this is to take place by Hosh'Paks' right hand. The only reason he helped you was because he has some honor, and payed you back for saving his life in the citadel on the mountain top.

2) Ur'Shak told you to leave(last time you meet him), otherwise he'd kill you on the spot, and strictly tells you that the next time you meet, you meet as enemies. Again, he tells you that the only reason he doesn't kill you is because you once saved his life. However, he now considers that debt payed, and you an enemy.

3) Xardas can't simply kill you on the ship. Such a fight, with someone as powerful as our hero, would last for several minuttes at least. More than long enough for people like Vatras to interfere. Xardas may be powerful, but the ship is filled with people almost as powerful. He would get killed if he tried to do anything but escape through teleportation. No way he can finish off our hero instantly, our hero is just too powerful at the time.

4) "Ever since I left the circle of fire, this alone has been my goal" - Xardas at the end of G2. If you take a look at the wee demons and skeletons in the dungeon of the monestary, you quickly realize that they were summoned by Xardas(like the ones in his tower, led by a powerful demon lord), and that he had left the circle of fire and turned to "the dark side" even before he ever set out for the Valley of Mines, and long before Corristo, Pyrokar, and the rest knew about it. For how long he's been plotting this is unknown, but it must be before the barrier was ever created.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:27 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3