Usergroups
Fighting the MSS32.DLL monster
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This is easy. Browse through your disk like you allways do, find the dir, left click on it 2 _single_ times. If you doubleclick you have to go back and try again.
2 single clicks, but no doubleclick. If you find the right timing the name is highlighted & you get a cursor to type in a new name.
edit: Itīs even more trivial.
Right click, rename.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-02 17:56 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:54 pm
Luthian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dont ask me why but I went to start, run and ran Gothic that way it and worked... Finally I can play it. Thank you for all you help!!!

hope this post will help others as well
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 2:23 am
Jawsnapper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think the problem has something to do with the compatability of the sound driver with the system. My problem with it started after i downloaded a newer sound card driver. ever after that i couldn't enter the game anymore. what i did is used my restore disk to reset my hardware to an erlier time, but if you do that you lose everything you did or upgraded since you created the restore disk. I know that i'll sure use my "Restore" program more often after that!
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 7:13 am

I need HELP! mss32.dll problems. I have done everything so far that has been posted, except for re-naming the directory. Could someone please explain how to do this?
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:05 pm

Hi, my Name is Zephir, i am a italian player, sorry for my english but i cannot leaen it to school:) i have same problem,

i try to rename directory but my istallation of gothic is in c:windows:( now how i get to rename the dir?
the file gothic.exe is in c:windowssistem same thing for dir _work(c:windows_work and date(c:windowsdate)
i use athlon 1200
geefoorce mx 400 32mb
256ram
winME
help please:) thx very much:)
Zephir
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:39 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

c:windows ?
Shit
Renaming is no option because c:windows is needed.
Uninstall is VERY risky. What you can do is:
-ignore it and install again in the default dir (c:program...PiranhaBytesGothic)
OR
-delete the files manually and clean the registry (also no real option because you _need_ to know what you are doing)
OR
-reinstall your whole system... (a lot of work and not easy)

Try to install Gothic again and choose the correct directory.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-24 13:30 ]
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:28 pm

Thx, for help ^_^
i have reistall windowsME, why after the unistallation of Gothic and after the delete the file manually, the system has crashed:(
now i play without any problem!
see you space cowboys.....
Zephir
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 10:38 am

I have the same won't install/uninstall problem. I believe it is something hosed in the registry. I have a call into tech support @Xicat, we'll see if it goes anywhere. I have a sinking feeling that we are going to have to get back to the registry before the first install, and I don't have a registry back that old so... I'm thinking if Tech support cant figure it out then it's re install EVERYTHING time...Unless you have a registry backup pre install... but I'm guessing no, you don;'t know how to rename a folder, I'm guessing you don't know how to export a backup of your registry either... But who know's.. Tech support might find all the stuff Gothic put in there and we'll be able to get by without starting over...
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 8:58 pm

Thanks to everyone who posted help on the mss32 problem! Crashed the system, and re-installed... the game works GREAT NOw!

Tech support didn't offer much help, however this forum was priceless!

Thanks again!
Post Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2