21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Thread
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Gothic 2 add-on and Gothic 3 comments

When I first played the add-on I wasn't amazed from the world of Khorinis.Some things has changed but it didn't worth to wait for more than a year for this game.The island was good but rather small.Something I didn't understand is how Raven could be alive after this.

In addition the team wanted to do it harder so the gamer had to play it for a long time but in my opinion it didn't worked out.They had put some monsters from gothc1 and you can find them only in the new island.Like the razors only 10 of them.Also they made each monster stronger and harder to be killed.

The also made each weapon or bow or crossbow to have better damage but you needed more strength and dexterity for that.

They didn't put much new thing.Only some magic weapons that you didn't have enough bolts or arrows to use them.There were a few new armor but most of them were from gothic 1.

Also don't forget the thing with the transilation and the atari.The guys from the rpgdot made a great job.

As for gothic3 it will be a great game from what I heared but you will need a powerfull computer to play it.

Write your opinion about those 2 games.

Last edited by Patriot on Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:18 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I think the add-on was great, altough it could have been better.

and yes, they could have put some more magic bolts/arrows in the game
that's really annoying... i get a magic crossbow with 10 bolts so what the hell am I suppose to do with it? half of the bolts miss anyway and even against tougher enemies (dragons, trolls) it's pretty useless.

I think Khorinis is Ok, many new things, made it fun to play, too bad there was nothing new in VoM

it's good that the new world is small. it's better that it's small and good designed, full of details and tiny little secrets. I loved that part of the game, the world seems so alive. too bad that there are absolutely no new quests in later chapters.. at least monster respawn, but even that only once.

My opinion: Very good, altough I expected a *little* more (new guilds are just a fake) but it's ok, I love the add-on as it is.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:32 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Yes,as I said it was good disinged but I would feel hapier if there were more quest and more weapons.They could also had put spears or dagers that you can through them and get them again.

As for gothic3 it will be very good at least I think so.I think that the add-on was a test for the exotic locations of gothic3.The combact style will be changed to knew one that will be better.Also the A.I will be chanched.In the other gothic games it was very good.They will only change the A.I of the animals when they are attacking.Like taking the high grounds and then jump and do you an attack that you can't bloch.As for the daggers and spears nothing has been reported.The spears will be used in a mod in gothic2.A german team is making it and in a few month it will be ready as they say.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:59 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

will that mod be compatible with tnotr? i'm not really much interested in spears, but daggers are allready in the game. I would rather see dual wielding in gothic 3 (or a gothic 2 mod), that would be much fun

also, they have said that there will be diferences in weapon types, not just about the damage they do. fighting style will depend on what weapon you use (sword, mace, hammer, axe, spear..) there were no diferences in gothic 2, only range. so it was better if you have used 2h swords instead of axes, because those are longer.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:08 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Yeah, that would be realy cool.If you have seen the 3 new art work pictures there is a man who is holding 2 swords in each hand.It would be amzing if you know acrobatics you can jump in the air and if you are a master sword fighet you can perform a hit to the enemy while you are on the air.If they conclude that there will be a knew thing to your statistics that you can prove.In gothic 3 I hope that there will be a place that you can do exercise or competitions with bows that you can earn money like in gothic2 behind the wearehouse in the harbor.The say that in gothic 3 you can learn how to do fishing and earn your first money.Something tells me that in gothic 3 the economics would be harder.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:19 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

they better be. in gothic 2, there was always enough gold, even too much. the last time I completed the game, I had over 60.000 gold pieces in my pocket... and in NotR money is even a smaller problem. ussualy it was harder to scrap that 250 gold pieces for the leather armor, but now you get that money really fast...

but it would be real fun to do stuff like fishing in gothic 3 no such game had that option before. but mining gold is a cool new option and I like it too bad you couldn't mine ore in VoM in Gothic 1.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:28 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Hey what quilds do you think will be in gothic3.Thre must be a quild to go with the king as a royal guard or with Lee as a cut-throat bandit or some thing.As you can see Lee has left behind all his friends.He might have gathered a group of pour suckers,farmers and people that has rebeled against thre king.If you go with Lee he may put you a quest to assasinate the king.I'm sure that he will pull that off somehow because he has a good strategy.What do you think about Myrtana.Has she follen and if thre are orks how will you get inside.Also do you believe that king is dead?.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:37 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by patriot
Thre must be a quild to go with the king as a royal guard or with Lee as a cut-throat bandit or some thing.

the third guild would probably be to join up with the mages (fire, water or both)
they'll have their own agenda and will assign you totally different quests
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:18 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

In the latest interview KaiRo from Piranha Bytes said that the guilds will change significantly and will less restricted, maybe you won't even be able to name the guilds like paladins, mercenary or mages like in G2. A lot of the gameplay will change.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:46 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

But they will still assign you quests like the watermages in the addon
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:08 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well if the won't be any guilds it will be like the add-on.You were working for the water mages and you become a pirate to take the bandit armor and find out about Raven.Maybe this will be in gothic3.You work for Lee as a spy and report him about the king.You may join the king's guard and at the 5 chapter you may help Lee to kill the King or give Lee to the King and tell him what were his plans.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:46 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

i'm not so sure Lee wants to KILL the king.Lee just wants to take revenge... after all it wasn't the king who betrayed Lee.The king was told lies(G1)
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:56 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Aaaaa,That was it I am changing topic.You are getting on my nerves .Anyway let's talk about the sword of Raven.I have done a cool transilation about it.

Here is the german text.

1H bzw. 2H Waffe(je nach Ausbildungsgrad des Trägers). Das Schwert lässt Raven bei seinem Ableben fallen. Man kann die Waffe gegen 2000 Erfahrung bei Saturas abgeben, damit er sie zerstört oder man lernt sie zu benutzen. Dabei wäre folgendes zu beachten:
Man kann die Waffe erst anlegen, nachdem man an einem der Schreine Beliars gebetet hat. Versucht man es vorher, nimmt man Schaden. Je nach Level des Helden zum Zeitpunkt des Beten erlangt die Klaue Beliars eine von 20 Stufen: beträgt das Level des Spielers beim Beten 1-10, so erlangt das Schwert Stufe 1; für je 2 weitere Level wird die Klaue ein Level besser. Die Stufe der Klaue verändert sich ausschließlich beim Beten, wobei 5 Lebenspunkte pro Stufe dauerhaft abgezogen werden.
Extraschaden: neben dem gewöhnlichen Schaden richtet die Klaue Beliars zufallsbedingt Extraschaden an. Die Wahrscheinlichkeit ergibt sich aus der Stufe des Schwertes: 12% bei Stufe 1 + 2% für jede weitere Stufe.
Als Magier kann man die Waffe nicht anlegen, sondern in Beliar - Runen umtauschen.

And here is the English text

1H and/or 2H weapon(after training it becomes 2h). The sword falls when Rave dyes. You can deliver the weapon for 2000 experience to Saturas, or you can learn how to use it. That's how you use it: You can get it only when you pray for it from one of Belliar's shrines. If you trie that before, you take damage. Depending the level of the hero the this sword needs more hitpoint to give to Belliar: if the level of the player's level is 1-10, then the sword needs one hitpoint if you are level one; for further levels the claw needs more hitpoints. The stage of the claw exclusively changes when praying, whereby 5 points of life per stage are durably taken off. Extra damage: apart from the usual damage the claw Beliars causes extra damage. The probability results from the stage of the sword: 12% with stage 1 + 2% for each further stage. As a magician you can not use the weapon, but you can use Beliar's - runes.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:17 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

and here comes a hint if u are not a mage in the addon then dont give the sword to saturas it will be the highest loss in the game belive me. the sword is very handy
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:11 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

Daedalus' right:
even if it gives you a lot of exp. on no condition should you ever give it to Saturas.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:25 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next