FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Patch request list (developer e-mail?)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread

Greetings!

There are a few issues with the game that, imo, would make it much more convincing and easy to play:

* Have a digger go around at night and light all torches.

* Remove wings from bloodflies and swords from goblins after you have taken them from their bodies (they're still there graphically, which is annoying when they pile up).

* Implement animation interpolation or an event queue for moves: The fact that you cannot issue a command if an old animation hasn't completed is very disturbing. Animation interpolation would allow the new command to start during the finish of another animation, or an event queue (even if it's only 1 long) would enable a newly issued command to start right after the old one.

(Right now, if you miss timing, even if it's only for picking something up, your character will either stand still or, for example, walk into a wall.)

And finally some small issues:

* Double sized texture inside Gomez Castle.
* Gap between polygons in ground by campers outside the city wall.
* Gap between polygons in ground by rice fields in new camp.
* Floating stone by hunter's cabin outside old camp.

Oh, and I nearly forgot: I managed to have a bloodfly die "inside" a tree... its body poked out, but I wasn't able to grab the wings... :/
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 2:59 pm

Hey, I found some more:

Unlit torches in the castle dungeons still have coronas.

The newton rings from the sun can be seen through the cave of the weed distillers near the new camp entrance.

There's a whole bunch of floating stones on an mountain path near the tower between the old and new camp.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:02 pm

Snappers can kill at a distance! Pisses me off...
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 4:55 pm

Zorak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, the most annoying bugs I found was being able to walk straight through ladders as well as the turning wheel that the orc slave is turning at the old mine.

But the number one bug that becomes extremely bothersome is that I will hit enemies with hand-to-hand weapons and make absolutely no damage, no matter how many times I hit them!! is this a bug or the way it's supposed to be?? also, being able to set hot keys to eat stuff or drink potions would be incredibly useful!
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:20 pm
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I totally agree with you!
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 7:25 pm

I don't think you understand animation interpolation. It's in ALL games. If you've ever done model animation without it you'd know why

The movement queuing system would be nice, as long as you can't interrupt one animation with another. Then it would affect gameplay.

As for the Bloodwings comment, it looks like you haven't been trained in proper hunting techniques

Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:05 pm