Usergroups
Doing Not Nice Things
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm wondering if it affects anything when you go by "traditional RPG morals" in this game. Like the treasure chests in the Arnika Inn and stuff, does it affect anything if you loot them? Same with the bank, it was WAY too easy to just go in there and pick locks...so I'm wondering if there was more too that than I saw, does the game keep track of this stuff somehow? Just curious.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 8:13 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

If it's not nailed down, take it! The only exception to this rule is with pickpocket. Particularly with the patched game, PP has heavy consequences.

Let's say you were to engage in some unauthorized withdrawals at the Arnika bank. If you were to take the goodies to the legit owner, he/she will happily buy them from you. Is that clear enough without spoiling?
Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 8:26 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Actually, I found that if you open the door on one vault in the bank an alarm will go off. But there is a way to bypass the door.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:04 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

When I first visited bank in Arnika, they attacked me so I was forced to kill them all .
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:36 pm
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think I know what you did Danicek...you went behind the desk and pressed the buttons? I did that and they attacked me, but I had just saved...I kinda don't want to make enemies of any of the Higardi, they seem really nice.

Post Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:50 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

No, I gave the recipe from "Rattus" (or what was his name) to woman behind the desk. She said "Hm... Hm... Wait a moment. Hmm... Hmm..." and then all guards attacked me . It was one of most difficult fights in game (then came several Higardy from outside and I started to think: "oh, now they will surely kill me", but they attacked bank guard and because of that I was able to defeate them).
Post Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:41 am
Fwang Thunk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dan, that's funny! Did you read Rattus's note before you handed it to the bank teller?

And, if you push the right button behind the bank teller you will get access to the personal vaults without being attacked.

But, none of that is necessary because all you have to do is show one of the access cards to her and she'll actually let you in. Now that's TIGHT security!

The other vault can be accessed through a secret passage from the jail. If you bust the 10 tumbler lock, from either side of the door, you will have to kill the bank staff. Luckily, the Arnika PD has no great affection for the bank teller (all jilted lovers, I suspect) or the rent-a-cops working in the bank - so you don't have to worry about them going hostile too.
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:14 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I see, many ways in.
I choosed straight attack .
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:37 pm
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It was funny, I broke into the secret room on the other side of the REALLY locked door from the jail cell, not knowing where it was...didn't think to check the map to see what building I was under. So I'm like..wow...this huge locked door must REALLY be important...so when my mage learned Knock Knock I went back there, knocked 5 of the 8 tumblers and had my Rogue pick the other 3, then I realized...I wasn't breaking INTO anywhere, I broke OUT of the bank vault!

Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:28 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Nice story .
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:13 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Happened to me as well... I thought I'd be getting heaps of fat loot, but instead I got attacked by the bank guards.
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:13 am
Shadow_Fyre
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The old Half-pincer manuever

"Hannibal Smith, The A-Team"

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:06 pm
freddie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

see I think I messed myself up. I killed the arms dealer in Arnika, attacked the bartender, and now the third lady wont talk to me. Killed crock ... running out of places to trade.. on top of that, I immediately got attacked when I went to RAPAX, I think it was their place. . while others seem to befriend them. . cant figure out where the wand is to save the guy in jail. . priestesses kick my butt, try to leave and look for martens bluff but I keep running in to sorceresses that kill me.. . dont know what to do, kinda sucks..
Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:31 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

My, we've been a bad boy... There are traders in the Trang and Umpani camps that you haven't killed yet.

Hope you don't rely on ranged weapons much cuz you're screwed for decent ammo.

http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/wizardry.shtml will help for maps.
Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:42 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Speaking of ranged ammo-
I have three characters (priest, bard & mage) heavily dependent on slings for weapons, as I try not to let monsters sneak up on my rear. Seems to me that there's a shortage of places to buy various sling stones. Besides Umpani, who else sells them?

Post Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:55 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next