Usergroups
The Ending
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Time to tell him that your destinies aren't entwined!

Last edited by Val on Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:27 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Val
The dark side ending is cool.

Bah, I just can't do evil in a game. What can I say? I'm a pansy.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Bah .... who needs Carth. All he does is moan and whine the whole game. I think I told him to shut up several times. I got him cleaning toilets in the back of the Ebon Hawk. I think I found his level for him
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:06 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Ican
Bah .... who needs Carth. All he does is moan and whine the whole game. I think I told him to shut up several times. I got him cleaning toilets in the back of the Ebon Hawk. I think I found his level for him

LOL, but what did you think of Bastila? Was she in love with you?
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:53 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden
Besides, I've heard rumors that he runs around. My friend said he woos every woman that plays this game! The cad!

So it was you that he was sneaking off to see! That dog!
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:57 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
LOL, but what did you think of Bastila? Was she in love with you?

Oh ..... I've got Bastila working in the kitchen.

j/k

She led me to the Ebon Hawk bedroom half-way through the game, and told me "no more for you m'lad until the Universe is saved."

So, I had little choice. I HAD to save the universe. Of course, on the Star Forge she tried it on, and claimed she had joined the "dark side". But at the mere sight of my purple lightsaber she soon came to her senses

Hmm ...maybe my memory of this game is clouded.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:30 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Winter_Bloom
You can turn Bastila back to the LS on the Star Forge. *hint* if you don't think your persuede is high enough, spout the Jedi Code at her.

As for romancing Carth, The final convo happenes after the temple visit. .

I was just in a panic. I just entered the temple and again I was joined by Jolee and Juhani. I thought the final conversation happened in the temple. But you said after. After. Whew, what a relief. Now to go rush through the temple so I can see how this romance plays out.

Well. It played out. We again declared our love and everyone told us to get a room. He says, lets get back to saving the universe. Same line Bastila used with you, Ican.

But it was fun. Brief, but fun. Now I hope to turn Bastila back to the light side on the Star Forge.

Last edited by SilkenKidden on Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:12 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:

Yea, Carth is a worthless character. He deserves an immediate a grenade for a handshake, or a few well-placed blaster shots to the head. That guy got zero gameplay from me...once he started his touchy-feely past...that was it...out of the party...I was afraid he might start expressing his true feelings for me. As soon as I got Mission & her wookie, Carth sat on the sideline like they crying little baby he is.

HK-47 is without a doubt, the character that got the most gameplay in my party. I think HK caused me to laugh more than anything in the history of gaming.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:12 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
HK-47 is without a doubt, the character that got the most gameplay in my party. I think HK caused me to laugh more than anything in the history of gaming.

Actually, there's a thought. Maybe Carth should be locked in a room with HK-47. The term "meatbag" comes to mind ....
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:58 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Why this anti-Carth inclination among male gamers? I saw the same line of comments in Bioware forums a while back. Any anti-Carth female players here?.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:34 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

He wasn't as annoying as Anomen from BG2.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:02 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Why this anti-Amonen inclination amongst female players ?

In Carth's case I'm quite convinced the developer's meant for him to be un-appealing to male players. That's Bastila's role. Besides, when you can choose only 3 characters for your party, it was good to be able to narrow down the options.

To come back to the BG references, Carth reminds me of Jaheira's husband ... Khalid (sp?). A fighter in name .... but in reality completely "wet" in combat. God , even my ranger could wield a sword better than him. Khalid was usually better standing in the back row with the spellcasters preparing the after-battle tea and cakes. He would die in seconds otherwise in the frontline.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:41 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Why this anti-Amonen inclination amongst female players ?

In Carth's case I'm quite convinced the developer's meant for him to be un-appealing to male players. That's Bastila's role. Besides, when you can choose only 3 characters for your party, it was good to be able to narrow down the options.

To come back to the BG references, Carth reminds me of Jaheira's husband ... Khalid (sp?). A fighter in name .... but in reality completely "wet" in combat. God , even my ranger could wield a sword better than him. Khalid was usually better standing in the back row with the spellcasters preparing the after-battle tea and cakes. He would die in seconds otherwise in the frontline.

Then i guess you wouldn't recommend Carth for the final confrontation. I chose him and Juhani. Perhaps I should restore and take Canderous instead. I heard that you can't use Forse powers against Malak. Will I get a chance to change to Candrous later? I just went into the Forge.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:54 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
He wasn't as annoying as Anomen from BG2.

Did you have to remind me of him? Gad, he was awful.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:58 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

For the final battle I used all Jedi ( as I did all through the game , as soon as I could ).

It is possible to use force powers on Malak. He was stunned 99% of the time when I confronted him. Force Wave is such a nice ability. Of course ..do force breach him first. Throwing your lightsaber is a guaranteed hit also.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:36 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next