Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Am I the only one royally chessed off by the addon?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
dagamer667
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't get the bit about the 29LP net gain. Say, if I brew 10 potions for 30st or dex, their LP worth is between 40lp (10->40) or 120 lp (90->120 at 4lp per point) or even 150lp (if str/dex is >=120). How did you arrive at the 29lp result?
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:52 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh, I see your point. They are worth more LP if taken at higher Stat levels since the new system it cost more to increase a particular stat at the higher level. Especially for a mage where STR and DEX is double.

I forgot in G2 it was 1:1. In add-on it increases the higher you go. 2:1 3:1

I was thinking 24 King Sorrel between about 12 in game and 12 bought and rewards for 24 total. 24*3= 72 STR points.

The 29 LP is to learn potion permenate strength is 29. 1+3+5+20 = 29 LP

So you must invest 29 LP first. Plus if you want permenate Dex you must spend another 20 LP.

If you just eat 24 Dragon roots (but there is that many in game? to go with 24 King Sorrel?) must learn some DEX for 20 LP, or just eat them.

Say if You ate the 24 Dragon roots for 24 points in STR instead of brewing them into a potion. You have 29 LP + 24 "points (worth more at higher STR)" = 53 LP or more worth before a benefit.

72 - 53 invested = 19? in reality benefit. But is there even 24 Dragon roots in the game?

You will come out ahead in the end though, I see what you mean. At higher levels it takes alot more LP to raise 1 point of STR. My mistake.

It is that at the beginning, it is alot to invest to learn alchemy that high where you really need every point you can get. But it looks like in the long run, it pays off.

OK, I will leave it alone. Thanks for the heads up on that one.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:52 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712

You don't need to know those healing potions anymore in order to brew strength potions. So it's just 20lp to learn it.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:10 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well somebody told that in the game the strategy to attack creatures is not needed . Well i say it is for example if u attack wargs who will attack you offcorse in packs [2-3 wargs] u need to work out a strategy for instance u climb somewhere on higher position and start shooting them down with your bow or if u are a little bit stronger allready you just make them run behind you and cross somewhere over water like into the river, they will follow you and after that u take them out one by one , you just dont let them out of the water and in the water they cant attack you if they are deeper.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:19 pm
dagamer667
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:

You don't need to know those healing potions anymore in order to brew strength potions. So it's just 20lp to learn it.

You still need to know at least one recipe to get constantino to teach you . I had to learn speed potions from ignaz in order to learn to cook the STR ones.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:07 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by dagamer667
quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:

You still need to know at least one recipe to get constantino to teach you . I had to learn speed potions from ignaz in order to learn to cook the STR ones.

even though strength potions need lots of LP they're worth it!
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:36 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well in plain gothic 2 it was easy to get the str potion ability but when u try to learn it in Gothic 2 addon u will see that everything has gone more difficult the ability costs more and many other changes
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:01 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2