Usergroups
Namless hero DOES have a name
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
JustAidan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The poor hero must have a real bad identity crisis since all this mates don't even know his name.

Wonder if by the time gothic 3 comes around will the hero even remember it himself.

Thing that really got to me was the few shortcuts with some of the names.

Who else has confused Harad and Horad.

Maybe their twins.....who look nothing alike.

Hungry feed me here

http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1352124

Go on....please make me more powerful.

All spellling mistakes are deliberate.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:12 am
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hi, my thought about it, is that the name of the hero, its your name, so every time he is going to tell his name, as it is your name they dont let you say it (as it would be very dificult to put the voice acting for every single name out there like millons and millons) as it is supposedly that YOU, (I In My Case ) are the hero, becasue all the things you do in the game, after all, he is no-one/nothing without you, his name is Your name (Mine in my case )
My Two Cents On That
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:33 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by ChronoTrigger
as it is supposedly that YOU, (I In My Case ) are the hero, becasue all the things you do in the game, after all, he is no-one/nothing without you, his name is Your name (Mine in my case )

So, what happens if the player is a female? Will the hero's name be, let's say, Mary?

Well, NPCs identify the hero as "Me". Perhaps that's his initials -- his first name starts with "M" and last name starts with "E". Who knows if this is true or not?
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:23 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

I wasnt thinking of that, Good Point, but maybe the developers werent thinking of that either, i don't think that there are many females playing gothic... it would be a good thing to make a poll here: lets say How many females are here in the forums?
PD: my girl do not like gothic, but she aint no much of a video player after all, so, who knows
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:57 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I like it the way it is. The less we know about the hero, the better. That way we can imagine our own background for him.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:14 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I can think of 6 female Gothic forum users off the top of my head. There may be more.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:18 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by ChronoTrigger
lets say How many females are here in the forums?

Well, there IS at least an important female in this forum. *points at Jaz* Only fools will not consider her as a fan of the Gothic series.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:47 am
AndyDev
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Milten Rulz!!!
The hero's no fag! did you see how he made out with that chick in the red lantern! Dont name him siegfried. Now mud: now thats a fag for sure!

Ye sure!!!
Anyone could get that paying the gold he paid
Software engineering today is a race between programmers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe striving to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:21 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

it can be also this that in Gothic 3 u first need to type ur name in and they have allready a good pc voice acting so he will tell his name is ur name what u typed there
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:23 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'm sure his name is set in the story, im also quite positive the devs didnot inteand to name their hero after some geek on a forum

He probably has some ties to the king or its his son or something similar and he went undercover in prison to deal with the barrier. Or something of the sort. He seems way too determined to fix things that it makes me think he isnt just some random guy trying to do good. He is somone important.

There's also a hint in the end during the final confrontation. Some important NPC's *KNOW* who he is.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:19 pm
Frenris_5
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have no idea about what his name could be but I think if you knew it then it would give the game away for future gothics

- I believe he is a political prisoner or possibly as darth suggested (i think) the king's son who rebelled against Rhobar or something like that and was thrown in the prison to dispose of him and now wants his revenge (which is why he is so determined and single minded about it).

- even more far fetched is that he could be Rhobar's half-brother or similar with a claim to the throne and to get rid and then thrown into the coloney.

what do you think?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:46 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

that will be an intresting way to find out who he is all we need is to wait i am sure he is someone important and probably some new enemys will come in G3 i mean people no bad evil but some assassins who dosent want u be there and find out who he is
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:24 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Does the hero retain all his memories before the events of Gothic 1? Or at the beginning of Gothic 1, does he wake up and say "where am i, who am i?" etc. ?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:50 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

no konny because if you remember at the beginning of gothic 1 he was about to tell diego his name when he was cut off and he at least remembers that he was held in a prison cell for 2 months before he was thrown into the barrier
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:06 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh maybe our hero was an assassin
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:31 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next