Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Journey to the valley of mines, help needed!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Sorry must be mixing togheter the mercenary campain with the millitia.
And if you look very good you might a cave with a strange Blue light in it, just dont give up becouse of the ekstremly powerfull skeletons guarding it.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:23 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
There's no medium militia armor. You'll get the regular militia outfit when you join the militia in Khorinis. Heavy militia armor (the one Wulfgar is wearing) can be bought at Engor's the provisionguy in the VoM.

About two-handed weapons, you can find a really good (starting) weapon in a Mine when you continue the road to the Circle of the Sun. Go down the stairs and you'll find the mine (Minecrawlerwarrior, some skeletons)
You can find the "Two-hander" here, 60 strength and 55 damage

I´ve followed your advices and i´m now near lvl 7, with about 30, maybe 35 lp in stash. I think they should all be spent to str, am i right? Could i stand a chance with my self forged sword and light militia armor against those skeletons and a minecrawlerwarrior? What do you think? Also, to speed things up, where is this circle of the sun located? (I´m planning to buy the map of the shrines, but i´m not even near Khorinis now and it would take too much time to just run there to buy that) Thanks in advance.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:13 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You've received a lot of good advice so far.

For my two cents, you now face a decision point:

1. Spend points primarily on Dexterity, or
2. Spend points primarily on Strength.

If you plan to use 2-hand weapons, when you can get them, I'd put most of my points into Strength.

If you want to use Bows or XBows mostly (as well as get the most use out of the Pickpockets, Picklocks and Sneak skills), then I'd put the points into Dexterity.

Most people favor the Strength route, but I've had good luck taking the path of Dexterity.

If you get a good Bow or XBow, you can do the same or more damage as a hand weapon. Also, there are some swords in the game that are based on Dex instead of Str (the just plain Sword, the Rapier and the Master Sword). Using these, you really don't need Str for melee, but they are all one-hand weapons.

You can find a good starting XBow just outside of Khorinis. Take the East gate (where all the merchants have their stalls) and take a left (heading towards the lighthouse). When you get to the top of the hill, take the path to the right and look for a stump on the left hand (uphill) side of the path. Behind that stump is a (dead) skeleton with a nice XBow. This XBow is equivalent to Dragomir's XBow.

Your next step up in XBows will be found on the path up from Dragomir's camp. Once you go far enough, you'll get to a bridge over a chasm and a highwayman blocks your way. Standing there looking at the highwayman, go up the hill to your left. You'll find another (dead) skeleton with an even nicer XBow.

The Rapier is found by the 2 Trolls near Onar's farm (you can get it away from them using a speed potion and no need to fight them right away) and the Master Sword is found in Xardas' old tower in the VoM.

I hope that's enough for you to make your decision.

P.S. Then there's always the "do it both ways" idea -- save the point where you are and don't overwrite this save slot. Complete the game one way, then go back to this save slot and do it the other way.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:18 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The Circle of the Sun is a stone circle far up the path from Dragomir's camp. You go past the Highwayman, the Temple, and Grimbold's camp. From Grimbold's camp, take the path to your left to get to the Circle (the one to the right takes you to the Black Troll and then to another bridge).

I've found that using a one-hand sword and skill of 30 or more, I can take on a minecrawler warrior -- if I can keep the rythm of my swing so he never gets more than one hit on me. A 2-hander is too slow to keep him back all the time.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:25 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well don't forget to spend some points on your sword skills. You really need to beccome a figther in the weapon you want
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:30 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Level seven to take on a Minecrawler warrior, that can be a very heavy job to do.

You can also try to get the Paladin's twohander first it's 40 strewngth, 40 damage. It's in a cave near the Tavern. when you take the route from the Tavern to the pass you see a little forest on the right. In the cave there are only some Goblin Skeletons and three Zombies. The Goblin Skeletons are the hardest of the two. Zombies can do a lot of damage but they are verrrryyy slow, so it's easy to dodge their attacks.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:51 am
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow, really good advices again!
I´ll try to find that two-handed sword near the tavern, i´m at the tavern at the moment, so i should find it pretty soon. I didn´t encounter any trolls near onar´s farm, but maybe i just didn´t look hard enough.
Finally i´m learning the art of combat in gothic...it took some time, because the combat differs from all the other rpg games i´ve played this far.
At first i tried to block every attack. That didn´t work. Then i tried to dodge every attack. That didn´t work either. No i´ve learned to keep the enemies away by correct timing of attacks and i´m also learning wich enemies attacks can and should be dodged or blocked. The combat seems now very logical and fun!
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:34 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well the trolls at onar farm are behind the field raiders nest. There is a small passage or go to peppin the sheep guy and turn your back to him and go straight ahead
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3