Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Dificulty pool: Easy, Medium or Hard?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

What do you think about Gothic series dificulty?
Easy
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Medium
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Hard
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
INSANE!
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Thread
the_undertaker_05x
Village Leader
Village Leader

Location: Well... I live in Korinis but I'm plannig to go to the mainland with Hagen's ship.
Dificulty pool: Easy, Medium or Hard?

what do you think Gothic's dificulty is? I personaly say that is a easy game, not a boring game but is quite easy. I always have alot of money and skils.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:32 pm
Cheeseman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think gothic is realy easy if you just play it putting up all your stats then becomeing god then killing everyone but it is much more difficult if you only train to be a hunter or a crossbowman and you limit useing you lp to that. And dude yove realy got to chill out i read what you were sayin in my poll but for gothic's sake don't go mental and get yourself banned and make enemies cause life's too short. You had a point he did dis gothic but you crossed the line. Jus calm yourself.
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:58 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Sorry about closing your poll, Cheeseman, but due to the childish fighting it had been mutilated beyond recognition.
As for the_undertaker_05x, he should have chilled out before he managed to collect five warnings. Meaning: he's gone for now.

As for Gothic's difficulty: I had the impression it was rather difficult in the beginning, and rather easy near the end... even as a crossbow guy.
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:28 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

It's INSANE, insane fun insane hard the first time you ever play gothic and insane easy if you are experienced in the game
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:27 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Medium, there was never a time I found the game easy or hard. The game is do-able although some situations are harder then others.
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:38 pm
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Hard at the begeining...[cus u start with nothing]

Medium in the middle...[cus you'll have a several things]

Easy at the end [cus u'll have the most things...]

I think that this makes sense..
Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:44 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by Beliarsclew
Hard at the begeining...[cus u start with nothing]

Medium in the middle...[cus you'll have a several things]

Easy at the end [cus u'll have the most things...]

I think that this makes sense..

i agree with beliarsclew

though i'd like to add that because of this it's more interessting in the beginning and in the middle
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:54 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

It differs per guild. like, as Dragonhunter I had a medium experience trough the game, mostly ch4 was the hardest. as a Paladin it was the same as Dragonhunter, easier, but still medium. as a Magician, the beginning was the hardest, that was best, so you would be a high level in ch2 no matter how much you would try. then later on, like from ch2, magician is soo easy. but such fun. it's fantastic when you see an orc running at you, and you give gim a nice bolt lighting. same with the seekers. as a magician you don't have to talk with all those seekers, and can't be possesed. as a DH or Paladin I had to talk with them before fighting them.
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:06 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

In the beginning you really need to watch out for evey enemy, I like that. It's realistic, a normal citizen wouldn't dare go out of the citygates either.
In the end it's too easy, especially chapter 4 and 5.

It seems that in G3 the game difficulty will automatically change on your game style and skill. That's remarkable. I just don't hope that when you finally get things going the game gets a lot tougher.
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:24 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

in the beginning you thought that beasts like wolves were considered very hard but in the end you were able to hill a couple dozen of them without even losing 1/4 of your life. that indicates that the game was hard in the beginning but easy in the end
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:01 pm
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

but closer to the end there's barely any wolves ... but indeed game is easy in end because character's stats is so high and weapons are so powerful .. you don't have to care about money or healing/mana potions or arrows/bolts and so on ..I think thatswhy there is puzzles in the end ...keeps players attention..
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:18 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by Borntoeat
but closer to the end there's barely any wolves ... but indeed game is easy in end because character's stats is so high and weapons are so powerful .. you don't have to care about money or healing/mana potions or arrows/bolts and so on ..I think thatswhy there is puzzles in the end ...keeps players attention..

well yes but lets say... i killed the undead dragon easier than i killed a fieldraider in the beginning (before reaching Kohrinis)
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:42 pm
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

that's true ..and how about three goblins in the cave near xardas's tower when you go to see lester .... 5 orcs didn't do so much harm in dragon hunt chapter than them..
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:10 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

I foudn a new way to beat everything sooo easy!... (only as magician). and funny too!
alright, well, you walk up the the Ice Dragon, beat the lizard men near him with some large fire balls. and talk to the dragon. once youve done that, run away, out of his sight. now run back, and start making Goblin SKeletons (with the rune). I had about 150 mana doing that, so I could make a huge army. at the first three of four skeletons, the dragon will keep attacking you, don't mind that, it won't do much damage. well, when your mana is depleted, you want to take the large fire ball... don't waste any time, the dragon is dead by then .
this can be used at every strong opponent... I used it at the black troll, all the dragons, demon lord (monestary) and the other trolls. just stand there, and watch how you army kicks some butt. (the goblin skeletons are so small, the creatures can't hit one, and when they do... the goblin just stands up and attacks again. after two hits he is dead, but the others keep attacking. the dragon had to fly away the whole time, and can't attack much).

hope you have a lot easier experience trough the game
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:06 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by Neo_Genesis
this can be used at every strong opponent... I used it at the black troll, all the dragons, demon lord (monestary) and the other trolls. just stand there, and watch how you army kicks some butt. (the goblin skeletons are so small, the creatures can't hit one, and when they do... the goblin just stands up and attacks again. after two hits he is dead, but the others keep attacking. the dragon had to fly away the whole time, and can't attack much).

well i killed the black throo with 3 skeleton summoning spells threw the first one... and the black troll couldn't hit it. it took about half of his life when he killed it. then i continued to do it and killed him. not to mention how easy it is to kill the undead dragon: you approach it talk to it and run to the entrance of the room. then you hide behind a wall and preform three "death to the undead" spells and he'a gone. there is another way to kill the dragons but you have to have a good crossbow (heavy/dragonhunter's) and lots of bolts. whan you come close to a dragon, he throws fise at you (which throws you back like a "wind fist") and when you go far away from him he throws fireballs to you. you have to find a spot in the middle were he throws fire but doesn't hit you. then use your crossbow to kill him. but you have to be patient.
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:41 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next