RPGDot Network    

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
savegame crash 1.4
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Lords

Author Thread
nev4
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

savegame crash 1.4

I have game crash while saving. I used third slot at right from bottom and game suddenly crashed. As i start game even i cant get main menu. On intializing error message popup saying invalid savegame screen dimensions[64][64] and it terminates. I even cant see save games in game folder. What could i do to resume playing?
Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:05 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Starnge, do you mean you only use one slot to save your games?
That is not a good idea with any game.
So you dont see any save games after a crash, never heard of a crash effecting all save games.
If you can not see any saves I gues the only thing to do is restart, if you are absolutly sure they are all gone.
Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:29 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Ya know, you just need to cut your losses at some point. I'm a huge optimist, I bought this thing knowing it was a turd but I intended to wait for at least the automap patch. Damn. 1.4 is unstable?

Is there music at least??? I'll deal with stability issues if there is music??? ANY?
Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:43 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

" Damn. 1.4 is unstable? "

It seems mostly due to Dreamcatcher wont pay to just fix the game they rushed out in Beta phase.
They clearly need at least a moderate number of staff for up to like 3 months to complete the game.
The list is quite long of repairs needed and seems they are not using a very large staff to fix the problems.
This game has/did have huge potiental for being the ONLY non point & click RPG Coop game.
I havent played thru as 1.4 English yet but I hear many problems still exist, thou after reading some on the offical forums many of those reports are being blamed on people using old version save games and not starting new games as recommended.
Post Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:13 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Well I tried 1.4.

I quickly got aggrevated getting attacked by spawned Rats in Fargrove. The patch changed the camera and mouse as well. I fixed it all and started fighting the stupid rats. Finally, I got to say, the game just sux.

I deleted it finally and installed Gothic 1 - which I've never tried. Instant improvement in FUN.

Sometimes you've got to cut your losses. Dungeon Lords just isnt good and any amount of patching isnt going to help.
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:26 pm