Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Playing at last, a report and a question?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Playing at last, a report and a question?

Well I finally got the game and I’m happy to report that it seems to run fine on my computer.

Dell 8200, P4, 1.8 Gig, 512 Meg DDR Ram, Geforce 3 Ti 200.

Frame rates very greatly, but I’m getting about 140 Fps inside the buildings or Dungeon.
This drops drastically to about 30 to 40 Fps outside. I have shadows turned on low, distance is set to farthest and I have settled on 1024 by 768 as the resolution. I am using the SafeDisk hack.

It seems to run just as well at 1600 by 1200 but I can’t read the type.

I have started a couple of characters and have been kind of switching back and forth.
I thought that the jumping mage was very funny and the sword that you get from him is very good.

I have cleaned out the dungeon and freed the slaves, but I cannot find a light source and though I traveled back into the cave through the water I didn’t find anything and came back out. I think that there must be something back in there but it’s too dark to tell.

I have one question, has anyone found Fargoth’s hiding place. I have talked to everyone and the only Fargoth himself offers that as a topic. A hint would be welcome since I will move on from the starting area soon.

I have acquired good armor and cloths, and have about 900 gold pieces for each of my characters. One of them I have trained extensively.

I have tried to rob the warehouse and got as far as looting it and jumping out the back window to avoid the guard waiting by the door. I made it to the Inn and rested over night and was arrested in the morning when I left the Inn.

So I snuck out of the Inn waded across the stream and went to the next town. I was arrested as soon a I got there so I guess that avoiding the local guards won’t get the job done. So I went back to the old save before I robed the place.

If anyone can give me a hint about Fargoth I’d appreciate it.

Mike
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:39 pm
PraetorJudis
Village Leader
Village Leader

What's face tells you how to spy on Fargoth and find the hiding spot, when he offers you the quest.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:51 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

What are your fps in towns? and faragoth !spoiler!

his hiding place is the hollow tree trunk thats right behind the shop there in that little swamp pool.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:54 pm