Can't hurt New Campers...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Can't hurt New Campers...

I've just got to the New Camp and really want to beat up Lefty, his thug friends, and Shrike, but I can't damage them with my Digger's Disipline. They take beats from my Bone Bow, but I'd rather not kill them.

Is it because I'm weenie and only level 3? Or is it a bug?
Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:43 pm
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

weenie!
you have to be pretty good with the keyboard to beat those opponents at such a low level. Gain a couple lvls and you will be much more effective against them. Especially against Shrike who seems to be harder than Lefty.

Just a tip not a spoiler
On tip that I really enjoy is to use sneak, most people think it is a more or less useless skill, but it can allow you to get right up behind your intended human target and get in 3-4 hits before they even get their weapon drawn. Never underestimate the element of surprise.

To be playing gothic 1 for the first time, I truely envy you.
later, rordog
Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:00 pm
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Cheers for the pointer.

quote:
Originally posted by Rordog
To be playing gothic 1 for the first time, I truely envy you.

And I'm lovin' it! I've already ordered both Gothic II and NotR.

Funny thing - I'm British and live in the UK. However, my copy of Gothic is some ghetto Greek version from some Greek magazine, my copy of Gothic II is the US version (v1.32), and my copy of NotR is from the Czech Republic! Just though I'd share
Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:49 pm
ZhaoZilong
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Can't hurt New Campers...

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Fluff
I've just got to the New Camp and really want to beat up Lefty, his thug friends, and Shrike, but I can't damage them with my Digger's Disipline. They take beats from my Bone Bow, but I'd rather not kill them.

Is it because I'm weenie and only level 3? Or is it a bug?

You're not doing enough damage to penetrate their armor. The damage code is a little fuzzy. Molerats can ALWAYS damage my character - even with the heaviest camp armor I can find, but if you don't do enough damage to other monsters/characters you'll do 0 damage.

I recommend waiting until nightfall, then taking out Homer on the dam. Now's an excellent time to sneak in through the rice grainery over to the Rice Lord's sleeping quarters and take him out without the thugs noticing too. His scepter isn't that great though, but it IS impressive (I usually wear it when Im moving around in the camps). Pick his chest (combo: LRLLLR) and you should hear two screams outside. Exit the way you came and make you way around the side of the larger building and you should find two dead Mercs. Loot them and take their fallen weapons. Yay!

With Homer's mace, you should be able to defeat Shrike. And Cavalorn too, I believe. He's all alone in the woods, asking for it. If you've got a ring +5 strength, you can wear Shrike's Sting Mace too. That's the weapon that normally gets me through Chapter 1. Im not a bow person.

Speaking of weapons though, OT, there's a few Im hoping to find:

-Anyone know when or if Cor Angor becomes vulnerable? Sure, I can marvin is sword off of him, but that's no fun. Every other Templar in the Sect Camp is officially denuded of weapons.

-Skullclefter
-Blood Harvester
-Thunderstrike
-Troll Fist
-Wrath Steel
-Blood Blade
-Hero Blade

And nevermind the bows. On a whim, I checked what Wolf was selling. Then I beat him up. After I join a camp and put some points in strength, I never pay for anything, ever. I have over 30,000 ore and I STILL beat up Wolf for bows.. which I won't even use. I'd feel better about it if he wasn't so darn nice. Its easy to pick on Jackal and Fletcher, or Shrike and Lefty, or any of those misguided templars, but in the back of my mind I feel guilty for beating up on Wolf, or Homer, Cavalorn, Aidan, and the templars in the Old Mine. Diggers.. you only make it worse when you run...
Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:03 am
aldrahn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

[/quote]
Funny thing - I'm British and live in the UK. However, my copy of Gothic is some ghetto Greek version from some Greek magazine, my copy of Gothic II is the US version (v1.32), and my copy of NotR is from the Czech Republic! Just though I'd share
[/quote]

I also have the greek magazine version (PC Master Gold, by the way) and I don't find it's a ghetto version, no way! I mean, you've played the game from it, right? It's 1.08j, it plays without the DVD and I haven't stuck anywhere so far. Forget me if I get you wrong about the "ghetto" phrase, but I find it pretty decent for a magazine edition and it's also the way I got into Gothic so I'm pretty thankful of it..

No harm..
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:36 pm