Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Pls advise me before I start the game all over again.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
danham
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Pls advise me before I start the game all over again.

TX for reading

Well I'm noob and did some mistakes in the game that I'm afraid I could regret. So if u could answer me some questions so I can decide should I start all over again.

1. I develop my character's dexterity and I would like to learn how to brew potion that will permanently boost my dexterity (I got goblin berries and king's sorrel), but I'm apperentice with hunter (think name is Bosper) so I wonder can I learn that skill somewhere else.

2. I also can't learn forge magical weapon since I'm millita and the guy that teaches that wants me to be mercenary.. can I learn that somewhere else or do you think I don't need that skill cause there are no cool weapons to forge, that are based on dexterity (now I have master sword... requires 65 dexterity, does 65 damage).

I think that's it, thx.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:39 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Are you playing with or without the expansion?
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:17 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe you can load an old save game.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:06 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Pls advise me before I start the game all over again.

quote:
Originally posted by danham
TX for reading

1. I develop my character's dexterity and I would like to learn how to brew potion that will permanently boost my dexterity (I got goblin berries and king's sorrel), but I'm apperentice with hunter (think name is Bosper) so I wonder can I learn that skill somewhere else.

You can learn to brew potions from anyone if you are willing to spend the skill points. Ignaz in Khorinis will teach you as well as Sagtitta who is in the forest behind Onar's Farm. I think Sagitta is the one who teaches you the dexterity potion. But she only does it after you have learned some of the easier forumlas like Healing essence and mana essense.

quote:

2. I also can't learn forge magical weapon since I'm millita and the guy that teaches that wants me to be mercenary.. can I learn that somewhere else or do you think I don't need that skill cause there are no cool weapons to forge, that are based on dexterity (now I have master sword... requires 65 dexterity, does 65 damage).

YOu're out of luck here because the other guy who can teach you is Harad in Khorinis. But you have to be his apprentice and you already chose Bosper.

But you are correct in that there are no better "dexterity" swords than the master sword you have already found. YOu cannot make better ones and you won't find better ones . I am assuming you are playing G2 wihtout the addon.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:20 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: Pls advise me before I start the game all over again.

quote:
Originally posted by danham

I think that's it, thx.

The other question is already answered.
You will be able to get some magical weapons when you become a paladin. Harad will make a give you a sword and you can consecrate it, but that's only in chapter three. And it's a strength-based weapon.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:08 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

As far as a sword goes, I would'nt bother with the path you have taken. Just keep training dex and bow/crossbow. With high stats and training a crossbow is very deadly.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:57 pm
danham
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey everyone thank you so much for your help. Everyone contributed and now I know what interesed me, you solved all my doubts and now I can continue playing without startin all over again (thank god)... Well I apologise I didn't reply earlier, but I was expectin mail notification and it was automaticly placed in SPAM folder, sry.
Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:55 pm
danham
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh and yes I play without expansion, I've installed it when I was already too far in the game, so I decided to play first without expansion. Later when I install it I'll play from the begining.. or not if with some miracle, loading of old save game in the NOTR will be available (guess not).
Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:02 pm