Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can you create your own hero for Gothic?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey Eat_Lead,

It would be very interesting (maybe as a new thread?) to see who could come up with character/skin/mesh change that looks the most original or evil or powerfull or whatever? then a screenshot.
Post Tue May 04, 2004 11:41 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

thats an idea Wulf if you would like to do it we can
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Wed May 05, 2004 2:59 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah!

I'll create a new thread soon with info' what to do (in the mean time, get creating!) only Gothic pic's of genuine in-game sreenshots!
Post Wed May 05, 2004 3:38 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

Great! can't w8 to see what comes up..i have done stuff like this before (Patrax posted my modded Paladin armour) although im not gonna show nething until I have time to make something that id be happy to post .Until then..its just messing about. Oh, also retexturing weapons is basically the same isn't it? I would really like to be able to make something 'New' (like a retextured armour) but without haveing the original changed. So if i modded shadow armour only I would wear that particular version and not every shadow in the game...if that makes sence!
Post Wed May 05, 2004 4:36 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

As mentioned before,

If you select any armour (the shape), any skin available can be painted onto it using a graphics program, but the trick is "knowing" the model, where to put items such as belts/buckles/buttons etc.
I remember Patrax's thread very well, "New old night armour" it was very helpfull for learners.
This retexturing is easy, modelling is a lot trickier, and not to be messed with unless your "pretty expert" in that line.
Find the mesh, alter/tweek/recolour/add detail/ then put it back into the original, Goman does it easy.
Sure, if you find the weapons textures and say, wash a blade with 50% red
then put it back (paste) you could have a "blood-red" blood blade,
and remember, the textures are often "stretched" over the model.
It may take a couple of days but if/when i post a screenshot, some comments of what/how it was done may be helpfull.
Who could come up with the "best-shot" ?
Post Wed May 05, 2004 10:38 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

Just experimenting with Goman and GothicVDF. Anyway..I havn't created anything new but i have made my char look like a proper Sect camp junkie! I used existing face textures and head anim but as far as i know my combination is uniqe..so i look like a sec camp guy whils still being suttly differant and uniqe ! Also, Templar armour looks much better without that stupid rag costume I now just wear ragged draws!
Post Thu May 06, 2004 8:11 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Sounds like your getting the armour thing o.k , the possibilities are endless, i noticed in the Trial.mod (english) there are some black coloured guard armours "painted on" by default ("no-armour") pretty cool.
By the way Eat_Lead, do you "struggle" with the recursive file input in the vdfs.builder? - - i just can't make it re-curse! - - i wish it could then the whole re-building thing would be a lot easier.
Post Thu May 06, 2004 9:47 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

Recursive? I know what it means but i don't get what u mean by it but i may still be able to answer your question. I basically edited the whole thing in GoMan and then just built the vdf in GothicVDFS following Patrax's guide. The whole thing took a while and i kept on having to chop and change between Goman and Gothic VDFs
Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:34 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3