Guardian bug?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Emdymion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Guardian bug?

I am in the tomb with Milton and cannot kill the guardian with the Undead Spell he gave me. I am a Fire Mage, circle three with plenty of mana: 23/28. The spell is having no effect whatsoever. Any ideas? Is there something I'm missing, possibly? Thanks for your insight.

Chaucer
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:24 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Are you sure you're hitting the right creature? It happened to me a couple of times that my spell got intercepted by a skeleton that was standing in between...
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:27 pm
Emdymion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks

Hi hwfanatic,

I figured it out. I was enabling the spells, but not hitting Ctrl + up to do the damage. Thanks for replying.

Endymion

Chaucer
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:31 pm
Rebooter
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I just played this part myself and had a bug there. I had gone into the tomb first before talking to Milton. I ran out with skeletons chasing me, then Milton ran over and started fighting the skeletons. I helped and we killed them all. After this, talking to Milton gives no dialog options, just 'END'. I went into the tomb, and the Guardian is stuck half in/half out of the wall, and without Milton having given me the spell, you can't kill the Guardian.

I reloaded and did it over, this time talking to Milton first and it played out properly. Maybe he would have done the dialog the first time after he got back to his 'spot', but I don't know for sure. You really have to be careful sometimes in this game.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:20 pm