Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
List of Promises broken about D&L: SoG and other Facts!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Kilim
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

List of Promises broken about D&L: SoG and other Facts!

I have been following this game for sometime and actually am in Dark & Light: SoG.

There has been many misconceptions and ignorance running around from the community and I would like to brighten and open up peoples eyes a little.

Doing this as the Company developing D&L has been consistent of just 2 things and I am just plain sick of it.

They are currently consistent ONLY in: Lack of Communication AND Delays ... and now it seems a 3rd thing are Lying!

Also saddened by Fans giving the company excuses and not let them speak for themselves ... but of course we know that they are consistent on not saying anything at all.

Actually I will post here the LIES they have already stated because I still have in my Guild SIte some of the Posts they had made before.
(Fasten your seat belt and open your eyes)

The Proof Below has been archived at: http://www.sinvida.net/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4584 and originally posted at: http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24699

Open Stress Test

The Open Stress Test is still scheduled and more information on this matter will soon be given to you. SoG and the open stress test have nothing in common (conditions of access, content, dates...)

FACT: Farlan already stated that SoG IS INDEED a Stress Test! Check the post they have in their SoG Live page when the site goes live again ...

Is SoG an open beta?

No SoG is a game by itself - a prelude to DnL. You will not be beta testers, and you will not be asked to sign an NDA or do bug reporting. Settlers of Ganareth is our way of saying "Thanks for all your support and enthusiasm".

Closed Beta and NDA
      The closed beta will go on after the release of SoG since we will have a lot of new content and functionalities to test. The NDA will therefore not be lifted for the moment.

FACT: Straight from AD! This is NOT a Beta!!! Stop deluding yourself! Stop giving excuses for their own incompetence!

Below are just a bunch of other LIES that they have stated in their official site!

Will there be both Social XP and Fighting XP systems in SoG?
      Yes, both will be implemented.

There is FXP in-game but I have yet to see SXP!

Will there be religions?
      Yes, Alchemic Dream will explain how it will be managed in the near future. Each religion will have its own hierarchy and players will be able to run every rank within their religion.

Not in-game!

Will Alchemic Dream will be in SoG for live events?
      Live events will be run from the first day of Settlers of Ganareth, and will give you the chance to influence the story. They may even enable you to change the outcome of prophecies! You will also help people to discover new knowledge, and to help them evolve.

I have yet to see this. There has been NO Report of ANY Live Events since Server started! Unless some consider the "Chinese Conspiracy" as one ...

Technical and Player Support:
      We will provide the same level of support in SoG as we plan to in Dark and Light. There will be no difference in level of service.

This is just plain scary and shows how service will be once D&L is released! Service for SoG at this time is Non-existent and that is somehow what I am starting to expect for D&L.

Exploration in SoG:
      Exploration skills and the SxP system will be in SoG.

Another Lie! Both are not enabled at this time in-game!

Character creation:
      When you create your character you will be able to modify your physical appearance. Details such skin color, hair style, facial hair, tattoos and piercings will be available.

Another Lie! You can ONLY Change the Characters: Alignment, Sex, and Hair at this time! Thats it!

Now that FACTS has been shown to you ... what do you still think?
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:42 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

If you had read certain mmog sites you would have known what was to come months ago allready. The warning signs were clear.
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:55 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

To be honest, I have to agree with Zakhal. I don't think NP3 are capable of producing a quality result and the signs have long been there from ongoing delays and poor communication right through to them sending our recent interview to the wrong site. They are in over their heads.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:11 am