Members
Usergroups
New Grafan Screens
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

New Grafan Screens

The <a href="http://www.grafan.com/" target="_blank">official Grafan site</a> has been updated with three new screenshots. Grafan is a RPG being developed by former Microsoft employees and promises an epic single player campaign along with multiplayer support...
<br><br>Thanks Marc
Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:28 am
david5182
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Either the game does look that terrible or they had their ganitor taking the screenshots.
Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:30 am

about grafan

I don't think these are supposed to be traditional screenshots. If you don't recall anything about Grafan, the entire game is supposed to be procedurally generated (except for maybe the some of the character models and unique objects). I think these shots are sort of a 'hint' at what types of things Emogence has been able to create with procedural synthesis. If you put the first shot in an image editor and raise the gamma, you can clearly see the screenshot. All of that room and it's textures were created procedurally. In the next two shots, I suspect they're showing that they can create diverse vegetation through the same methods. I bet the REAL screenshots of the actual game will eventually look very good.
Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:21 am

Re: about grafan

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
I don't think these are supposed to be traditional screenshots... I bet the REAL screenshots of the actual game will eventually look very good.

Thanks Herb
Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:48 pm

I sincerely love the settings showed in those screens !
I 'll wait
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:14 pm