Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Dungeon Siege 2 (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game and I think it's a very, very good game. I'll add that I also liked the original and the expansion as well. DS2 has some neat graphics. I like the areas; the use of color is excellent. The sound effects and music (Jeremy Soule) are also polished, in fact 'polished' is the word I'd use to describe the overall impression this game left on me.

There is a LOT of treasure to be had. In some ways, this game reminds me of an old game I played called Temple of Apshai, where getting treasure and amassing gold was the primary objective. Unfortunately you had to look up room descriptions in the manual, but it was still cool. But I digress.

DS2 is at heart a treasure hunt, but it also has a pretty decent story tacked on, and in fact the writing is A1. If you're the type of person who likes to 'savor' a game and read the story as you go, this game will make you very happy, and will give you a LOT of hours of enjoyment. Gameplay is simplistic as has been noted, but still satisfying. Game design companies (like Bethesda, for instance) should study the Journal function in DS2; it's one of the best implementations of such a feature I've ever seen. Everything, maps, quests, quest descriptions, quest items, lore, monster compendium is clearly and neatly arranged in a tabbed window. It's all there and easy to locate just the tidbit of information you're seeking. My only gripe is that you cannot add notes to the maps, which results in a lot of extensive backtracking in a very large game world to find that locked door or mushroom patch you stumbled upon 15 hours earlier in the game.

This game offers good value for the money and isn't something you can run through in 8 hours (unless you use cheats and/or walkthroughs). I'm probably 35 hours into it (with no cheats or hints) and I'd say I probably have another 10-15 hours until I complete it based on what I have left in the quest log.

It's not deep in terms of gameplay, but it's deeper than Diablo by a mile. I tend to like the more hardcore CRPG's, but Dungeon Siege 2 has helped pass some time nicely until Oblivion and some of the other more dedicated CRPG's come out in the next few months.
Post Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:58 am

thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Just hit lev 36 and got all the skills that I wanted as a dual wielding knight. I also just started the 3rd and final act on the 1st difficulty. Well, I think I peaked in Act 2. Continuing Act 3 would probably require alot of effort. Nevertheless, it was a great ride.
Post Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:03 am
Herekard

more than 6 party members

hello, new to this site, ive spent a fair few hours trawling through sites and posts looking for a link to a mod that lets you play with a party of more than 6 characters, does anyone know where i can get them, one was shown earlier on this site, but when i clicked on it , it woudlnt open.

and this is for single player not multi, also any mods that let you increase the health of enemies monsters would be good ( this game is too damn easy ). but if i could add the extra party mmbers then double monster health points, would be good fun : )
Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:31 am

krowmann

siege 2 sucks asssssssssssssssssssss

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
ds very suck!! ds 2 will be very very very very very very suck !!

this game blows on ice !!!
Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:56 am

spyk

dungeon siege

you see how good is dungeon siege 2 untill you play it it's a cool game you dont know maybe you suck.
Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3