wierd problem during conversations
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
gympion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

wierd problem during conversations

I wonder if anyone can help me with this as its rather spoiling my enjoyment of this fantastic game. Often during conversations with people the game kinda freezes up. I say 'kinda freezes up' because it doesn't actually totally freeze - it just becomes impossible to select conversation options, and the only way out of it is to do an 'alt, control, delete' and end task. Whats really wierd is that I had this problem before on a completely different computer but I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem (have been searchin' the forums). I figure its probably something to do with the audio... but no idea what.

I also have another problem thats less annoying - after playing the game for a while (about half an hour or so) the walking/running goes wierd. He walks really slow and then suddenly will go really fast for a split second and then slowly again?!?
Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:39 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to our forum!

Unfortunately both problems donīt sound like something we canīt really fix on fan forum. The sound thing sounds like a driver issue and the lag behaves differently under normal circumstances. Usually G2 should slow down more and more until you realize after several hours that a reboot might be a good idea to get back to full performance.

My impression is that something on your PC is not working like it should. Maybe a bad driver, spyware, the office indexing ... it could be everything.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:55 pm
guenthar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have the same problem with the dialog quitting when in dialog and currently my game is unplayable and has been that way for a long time and I have never been able to get it fixed even with posting in different foriums and trying to get help. It became unplayable after I put in Gothic 2 Gold and even before when I had the original Gothic 2 it would happen. Don't expect to get it fixed unless one of the fixes in the faq on jowoods forum works since if that doesn't work no amount of help in any of the forums will get it too work.

EDIT: Forgot to say it isn't an audio problem because it will happen as soon as you try to talk with someone where the dialog box comes up but nothing happens.
Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:08 am