View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Oric
Gothic will indefinately be on PC, as allmost everything is. I think it will get to the consoles, because PB want to get the US market, and not mainly Europe. Even though they probably will be very succesful with just pc, they will also benefit greatly from consoles.

On a side note: Im affraid that G3 will be more arcade action rather than adventure action. Looking at the recent new in-game footage, It looks just like another game. The camera moves with the mouse, its not fixed...I HATE THAT!!!!

Gothic 3 is jusr perfect for consoles, more than oblivion is as well
Post Sat May 13, 2006 6:51 pm
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The console-phobia on these forums is quite funny. You guys do realize that console ports in and of themselves don't ruin PC games. Inexperienced, corner-cutting developers who don't know how to develop multiplatform titles ruin PC games. Deus Ex IW was a bad game, because it was lazily developed. Harvey Smith didn't want to have to go through the rigor of playtesting an open-ended RPG, so he created unified ammo, neutered the number of augs and removed the skill system.

That's not even taking into account the small levels, which were designed for the limitations of the X-Box, but were also designed so multiple paths through the levels would be easier to playtest and the game could be released quicker. Nevermind the ugly character models and animations.

No, IW was a bad seed with or without the X-Box. Spector got lazy and threw the franchise to a noob, who has since taken a second tier position developing Second Life.

As for the 360, it has more than proven its technical prowess. Oblivion is gorgeous and expansive in ways that no X-Box game ever has been. Gothic 3 could easily be done on the hardware, and should be. I started PC gaming in the late 90's, right as PC gaming hit its golden age. Now, that time is over. The market is loaded with cookie cutter RTS, FPS and MMORPG games and the tech is getting more and more expensive.

I'll keep up enough to play the likes of Civilization and other TBS games or Blizzard titles, but my days of buying hardware for the latest and greatest 3D engines are over.
Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:46 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8