Usergroups
A few questions from a noob
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

I usually cast whatever spells I can (often in the red) before I camp and then again after camping. A lot more skill increases this way.

Note that some spells will not give skill increases unless cast in combat, Stamina for instance.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:59 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Umm, not to be a party pooper, but several of these questions are answered in the manual which came with the game disks. Just want to make sure we don't support something we shouldn't here, folks.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:28 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Laziness? You don't want to support laziness? Come on! Where's your good old American spirit!?

Just kidding, engineering type.
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:14 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Finally got a party I like. I went mage, priest, psionic, samurai, fighter, and rogue. It's been great so far. Anyhow, I was just wondering, is there any other way to cure a drain condition besides renewal potions? cause I'm fresh out and so are the npcs at my current location. Also, let's say you're fighting against 5 monsters and 1 mage. Is there a way to select energy burst and then select the mage only instead of it automatically choosing which target to aim for? How do you make everyone attack one target of your choosing? I know you can hit the attack button on each char's side portrait, but that won't work for spells like energy burst. Also, are any of the towns safe at all? like are there any that don't have mobs? Lastly, what's the level cap for this game?
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Your party sounds pretty well balanced ... although I am new at the game as well ... but I've played many similar, and spent *many* hours thinking about possible party construction.

And yes you can target individual monsters. When a spell caster is selected, and you cast a spell it should prompt you for a target ... if not, then examine the wedges above the beasties, if the mage has the wrong target, then click on the desired target. If the target is in range and not blocked, the proper colored wedge should appear above the beastie. The mage will then cast the spell at the target - assuming it survives until the spell gets off. If the target does not survive then the mage will automatically retarget (most of the time).

No safe towns that I know off ... aside from Mt Gigas, but then I've not covered everything yet!

Dunno about the level cap, and am eagerly awaiting an answer from the gurus here on this one. I've wondered about that too.
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:20 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

There's rumors of a cap at level 48.

I don't know of anyone that's ever reached it to prove it, even with a solo faerie ninja.
--------
I think you're looking for shift-click. That sets the entire party to a single target you select.
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:15 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Thanks man, that helps tons.
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:51 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I barely finished trynton and am I'm on my way to the swamps. Will there be any faeries to recruit later on in the game?
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:27 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Actually, don't tell me or not if any recruitable fairy npcs come in later in the game. I'd rather be surprised. Apologize for the useless post hehe. Might as well use this opportunity to state that this game ranks in my top 5 games EVER. Gaming Goodness Galore!!
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:09 am
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

There is a level cap of 50....sort of. You can actually gain levels past 50, but the screen will not update to reflect level 51. But you still gain attributes, skills, etc.

To have everyone attack a single target, hold down the Shift key and click on the target. (Probably in the manual too Who reads those things anyway? )

EDIT: BTW, good luck ever getting to level 50. It has been done, but it will likely take you months for a single character. If you have a full party of 8, it will likely take a few years.
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:26 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

So you gain xp slower with a larger party?
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:41 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Anyone know where I can find a Book of Restoration? Having drained characters and having to search all the npc vendors for renewal pots and scrolls is a pain.

Last edited by thartanian on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:13 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

The XP you get some battles is divided amoung the party members. So if you get 100,000 XP from a battle, then a solo character party would get all 100,000 XP. A party of 5 characters would get 20,000 XP a piece. Some quests award XP also. The awards are not divided amoung the party members but are given to each member.
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:14 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by thartanian
Anyone know where I can find a Book of Restoration? Having drained characters and having to search all the npc vendors for renewal pots and scrolls is a pain.
Spellbooks available for sale only go up to level 5 spells. Since Restoration is a level 7 spell, you're out of luck.

If you've got a sufficiently skilled alchemist, you can mix your own renewal potions from a couple "lesser" potions.
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:33 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I have the combat accelerator installed. However, sometimes when a monster teleports quickly to my side from afar my computer stutters and runs really slowly. I have an amd 64 fx-51 with an ati radeon x850 card. Every other time it runs great. It just happens when monsters come to my side from afar. Has anyone else experienced this?
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:45 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next