Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 - officially confirmed information only (04/04/05)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

"Therewith the developers want to prevent that the player already begins the game as the unbeatable supercharacter from the predecessor. But the hero (as already confirmed) won´t be as weak as in the beginning of GI or GII. Hey... this guy killed dragons and packs of orcs yet... he´ll already have some basic-abilities and is getting better in the game. Of course one will find the magic again in the course of the game. But the summoning of really strong creatures like demons only will be possible at special locations. "

But the lack of magic doesn't explain why he would lose physical strength and skills...will he be shipwrecked or something, so when he washes up on shore, he'll be weak?
Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:50 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I've just read the original German texts and they indeed use the word "Rassen" = "races", but from the rest of the text it becomes clear that they mean "guilds". Those 6 races are the six populations that inhabit the mainland.
You won't have the option to chose your character race at the beginning of the game, it's still with "the hero".
Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:37 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Any word about the official site?
Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:27 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A small teaser site will go live before the Eł.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:03 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

KaiRo told on WoG that he has some really nice plans for the G3-site, but he won't be able to finish everything before the E3. And they also have other priorities at the moment. The site is not the most important thing.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:18 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Koch Media / Deep Silver signed a co-publishing deal with JoWooD for
D, A, CH
UK
Italy.

Included are the games
Gothic 3
SpellForce 2
The Guild 2.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:11 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
I've just read the original German texts and they indeed use the word "Rassen" = "races", but from the rest of the text it becomes clear that they mean "guilds". Those 6 races are the six populations that inhabit the mainland.
You won't have the option to chose your character race at the beginning of the game, it's still with "the hero".

Here is it, Sem:

In the first days after the release of the first screenshots of Gothic 3 in the latest issue of the German gaming magazine PC Action, very many rumors were spread in the huge Gothic community. Kai Rosenkranz, music and sound designer at Piranha Bytes, was alarmed to deny them in a post in the JoWooD forums.
The most important corrections:

Six races - will there also be dwarves and elves?
No, of course there won't be any. The six races are the six population groups inhabiting the different areas of Myrtana (Nordmar, Varant,...)

How can 20 towns fit into a world which is "only" three times bigger than Gothic 2's?
The 20 towns also contain smaller towns and villages.

The monsters shown on the screenshots look so different.
Yes, using the new technology, many creatures were redesigned. Especially the orcs play a different role and are much more intelligent in Gothic 3, e.g. they have an own culture.

Gothic 3 or Jurassic Parc?
The editors of PC Action have picked out only a few of the screenshots we gave them to print them in their magazine, so they can't actually represent the whole game. Of course Gothic 3 won't be a dinosaur game.

Will Gothic 3 be a run-of-the-mill game?
You're unbelievable. You only have three pages of information about the game and yet you already fear to get an ordinary game. Just trust us that we will keep our style.

This a rough summary of what Kai wrote. If you understand German you can have a look at the original post below, but if not, you won't miss any important information.

KaiRo's post at the JoWooD forums
[05.04.2005, 20:47 by Shogan | 10 comments ]

JoWooD has just updated their German release date list. Gothic 3 is planned to be released in January 2006 now. Unfortunately there isn't any statement when the English version will be in stores.
It is still probable that the great information flood on Gothic 3 will come at this year's E3, though.

P.S. I donno if it was already posted.
Post Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:30 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

More good news from JoWooD. The new CEO Seidl said in an interview about the Deep Silver deal that the budget for Gothic 3, SpellForce 2 and The Guild 2 is definitely secured.
Post Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:30 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A senior programmer from PB said in a short Gamestar interview accompanying a review of the new dual-core CPUs that G3 already uses multithreading and will profit from such CPUs.

Minimum requirement: a DirectX8 graphics card. This means GeForce 3 or higher and the ATI equivalents, but not GeForce4 MX.
Post Wed May 04, 2005 8:29 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i agree that the screenshots are looking amazing but im slightly worried that this game is turning into just another replica of games like dungeon siege dark age of camelot (minus the onlininess) which no one needs, i liked only having a few towns but with a great amount of detail and i doubt the map will be nearly as interesting at 4X the size, in G2 you could play thru the game 3 times and still find new caves and unexplored areas, but i doubt they will have taken the time to put those into this game. Im just worried gothic is loosing its uniqueness which is what made it so brilliant in the first place.

and secondly could a admin plz delete all the pointless posts on this topic as only about 1/8 of them contain any useful information that has not already been said in a previous post
Post Thu May 05, 2005 9:42 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Not only the map is 3-4 times as big, but also they time they are working on the game, so they have the time to put details in it, just like in G2.

The gothic series will never become a replica of other games. The living world with real-life npc's is something that no other games has and in G3 this will even be bigger and better.
Post Fri May 06, 2005 9:35 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I split the topic.
Post Fri May 06, 2005 9:22 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Like others have noted, the "20 cities" probably just means 20 settlements. I am guessing that there will only be a few Khorinis-sized towns. The rest will be little outposts or villages.

I am a tad bit worried that the size of the game will cause the developers to lose focus. Nonetheless, PB claims that the land is still hand crafted (i.e. no terrain generation tools). Also, pretty much the same crew is working on the game. I think PB realizes what makes Gothic special. They preserved that for the most part in G2, and I think they will do it again.
Post Sat May 07, 2005 1:17 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The team is 50% bigger now, and they have 2.5 years for G3. G2 took 18 months with 13 people, TNotR 9 months. Now do the math how much more time PB effectively has for G3 than they had for G2.
Post Sat May 07, 2005 1:47 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

2.5 years? I thought the release date was somewhere in the end of 2006, that's a year and a half, or maybe you are talking about the english version which I'm hoping will come out in something like 3-4 years
Post Sat May 07, 2005 5:23 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next