NOTR Quest Questions (Contain Spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ez
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

NOTR Quest Questions (Contain Spoilers)

Ok I have a couple questions would appreciate some answers.

1) In the Bandit Camp I'm trying to do the assasination attempt on Estaban(sp?) but I'm getting nowhere I've talked to everyone I've gotten about halfway with Huno on accusing him but he only says that I don't have enuf information to interest him.

2) That guy that keeps talking about the Green Novice I got a feeling I'm suposed to bring him some really powerful weed but I have no idea how to go about this.

3) Snaf's Powerful Drink. I found some Swampshark Teeth it says they are suposed to be ground up? also it says you need some deets? wth are deets? it says 2 of them. When I try to make it it says not enuf resources.

4) I talked to Snaf to ask him information on all the people and how they feel about Estaban but that seems to have gotten me nowhere also when I ask him how my odds are at finding the culprit he says "Baddish" cuz everyone sees me talking to.. I forget his name but it's the guy right outside the bar that recognized me from my wanted poster and is blackmailing me.
Anyway Snaf says I should break off contact with him but If I go to him and say I don't want to work with you anymore he yells to everyone who I am then they all attack me (btw I can kill them all but I got a feeling that will ruin my quests)

5) About the Weapons Dealer quest. I found all the proof that (you know who, don't wanna give away even more spoilers) was the actual dealer. But this is before I found out you need this quest for (you know what) and I cut a deal with Fernando and gave him all the evidence.
Failing the quest wouldn't bug me as much as the way it is now. It's still uncompleted in my quest tree and I don't have enough proof anymore to turn him in because I gave him the letter.
Is there a way to complete this quest after you cut the deal? or if now how can I fail it to get rid of it? or am I just stuck with it being there.
(not that big of a deal but it bugs me when I have quests I cannot complete)

Any help on these question would be apreciated btw not like I jumped on the forums for help as soon as I got stuck I've been at this quest 5-6 hrs (ingame time about 1 week in real life) trying to solve it but I have gotten nowhere *referring to the Estaban quest*
Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:41 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

Re: NOTR Quest Questions (Contain Spoilers)

quote:
Originally posted by Ez

2) That guy that keeps talking about the Green Novice I got a feeling I'm suposed to bring him some really powerful weed but I have no idea how to go about this.

just go 2 the upper floor of the bar, find a paper with the recepy, make it and give it 2 him
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:38 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

2) This person is not required to complete this quest of finding Esteban's would-be assassin. So don't worry about it for now.

3) Deets? Never heard of them either. What sort of translation are you playing? I'm pretty sure the recipe calls for TURNIPS. 2 Turnips are pretty hard to find in the game. I think you may be able to buy them off of Fisk, but I don't remember for sure. Also occassionaly you can find them hanging on peoples huts all around the game world.

4) This situation puzzles me. I was also in the same predicament, however when the dude out front started blabbing his mouth, no one else attacked me. I killed him, and no one seemed to care. That was the turning point for the quest. You should be able to finish it easily once he is out of the way. Perhaps someone else knows why they are attacking you?
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:20 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

just check them up in the walkthrough
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:31 pm
Snome
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Where can we find the walkthru ?
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:37 pm
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

recipe for green novice can be found in the chest near fortuno
you're talking about 'beets' ..they are called 'turnips' in the game that has been discussed earlier in this forum. search for "lou's hammer"
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:43 pm
Elendil11
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey for lou's hammer you can go to the pirat's camp and go to the guy in the cave, the one that makes the drinks, he will make the drink for you and you can buy lou's hammer from him all you want
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:47 pm
Elendil11
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

5) I think you can still go to the port and give away fernando's bussiness
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:51 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Re: NOTR Quest Questions (Contain Spoilers)

quote:
Originally posted by Ez

1) In the Bandit Camp I'm trying to do the assasination attempt on Estaban(sp?) but I'm getting nowhere I've talked to everyone I've gotten about halfway with Huno on accusing him but he only says that I don't have enuf information to interest him.

You get nowhere because people think that you work for Esteban. Go to Senyan, the guy who recognized you when you entered the camp, and just wipe him out. That action will loose some tongues and you get more information.

quote:

There's a chest next to him, open it and get the recipe for Green Novice, and then make it. Also Fortuno will buy all the swampweed you bring him.

quote:
3) Snaf's Powerful Drink. I found some Swampshark Teeth it says they are suposed to be ground up? also it says you need some deets? wth are deets? it says 2 of them. When I try to make it it says not enuf resources.

Actually the translation has in it the word "beet". Depends really which word you use, some use "beet", some use "turnips". In any case, just get some turnips, that's that. And of course, rest of the stuff. You do not need to ground any teeth, as long as you have swampshard teeth in your inventory is enough.

quote:
4) I talked to Snaf to ask him information on all the people and how they feel about Estaban but that seems to have gotten me nowhere also when I ask him how my odds are at finding the culprit he says "Baddish" cuz everyone sees me talking to.. I forget his name but it's the guy right outside the bar that recognized me from my wanted poster and is blackmailing me.
Anyway Snaf says I should break off contact with him but If I go to him and say I don't want to work with you anymore he yells to everyone who I am then they all attack me (btw I can kill them all but I got a feeling that will ruin my quests)

See the answer to Q1.

quote:
5) About the Weapons Dealer quest. I found all the proof that (you know who, don't wanna give away even more spoilers) was the actual dealer. But this is before I found out you need this quest for (you know what) and I cut a deal with Fernando and gave him all the evidence.
Failing the quest wouldn't bug me as much as the way it is now. It's still uncompleted in my quest tree and I don't have enough proof anymore to turn him in because I gave him the letter. Is there a way to complete this quest after you cut the deal? or if now how can I fail it to get rid of it? or am I just stuck with it being there. (not that big of a deal but it bugs me when I have quests I cannot complete)

Cutting a deal with him makes that you failed the other quest. That it doesn't go away from journal is most likely a bug, minor one. In general, though, I personally NEVER say anything to him about the weapons. I actually get to CH2, get from him the quest to investigate ore situation from VoM, then I do the VoM part, I get back and get my reward from him (ring or blank runestone, depends on guild) and THEN turn him in. You know, XP + profit + justice, I get the stuff and XP and also the jerk outta sight
Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:34 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

in the beginning you can buy 10 turnips from Cathar.
Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:44 am