Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Looks like Hack'n'Slay. :(
Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:15 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

But remember that previewers have only had a look at a very small pre-fab save area ... DWBradley in many interviews has said that the RPG element of the game is every bit as important as the combat - he was a bit put off by the action-RPG moniker because of that genre's reputation for mindless combat - he was building an interesting human drama with in-your face battles.

I just hope he pulls it off.

As for the age thing - does that mean I'm too old, or that they have appeal outside of their target audience

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:33 am
janus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just read on the official site that the demo is coming out this week!
http://www.dungeonlords.com/

Now, this certainly comes as a pleasent surprise, as the demo was originally scheduled to be available shortly after the games' release on april 20th...
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:04 pm

[quote="declared that they would never distribute a patch for it (apparently because their deal with Activision would not allow this, which never made much sense to me). For me, it certainly ruined whatever good reputation D.W. Bradley might have had, and I will take my time, read the reviews and visit all the message boards before considering to buy any other game of him. Let's hope Heuristic Park lives up to it's promises this time around, though.[/quote]
Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:35 pm

Dawnblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well ive just finished the demo and have a few probs with it.....

1.It is just hack n slash but done pretty well
2.didnt seem to keep me intrested to long
3.massive levels just full of shit

On the up side.The graphics are great and the animation is done very well.The fighting isnt bad with a fair few different combos.Inventory system is great and the leveling up bit is great to.Once u earn enough exp u can up a skill or a stat.I know its only a demo but it didnt seem to b to intresting...not much npc action.just mainly a hack n slash
Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:30 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Some things to remember:
- The 'demo' is a misnomer - it is really a repack of the 'press demo' from the January build.
- Therefore much is different in more recent builds of the game that beta testers and others have been seeing.
- The 'demo' has almost *no* narrative elements, which will be very different in the final game.

I say all of that not as someone with any affiliation with the game, just a player keeping track. I enjoyed the demo - the combat was much like Jedi Knight II in many ways, the environments were well done, and the game looks promising. There are many differences in character development promised for the final version.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:31 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

There's lots of people asserting this is the press build (and I'm not saying it's not) - but where's the confirmation? Do you have a link? I've read every post from Chuk on the DC and Typhoon boards - but I see no facts and only speculation from posters.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:18 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

There has been no 'official' confirmation made publicly available (read: careful parsing), yet if you look at some things:
- The demo compares almost identically with the descriptions of the press build from various previews.
- The areas are the same as in the many screenshots from the press previews.
- The numberous things Chuk talks about that have been done since the demo build ... these are not the types of things that happen in a week or two.

There are other things, too.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:37 am
knight37
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Demo Vs Press Demo

I played around some with the demo and also the press demo. They were very similar. Possibly identical. However, I am pretty sure the demo didn't have the save games to the other areas once you leave the Fargrove area. And the press demo didn't block you from leaving Fargrove and I think the demo did (can't be too sure about that since I don't know if I got that far).

IMO, the demo isn't very representative of the full game. The full game is quite a bit more polished than the demo. And the game balance for monsters and item drops is quite a bit different. But if you read my review on Game Chronicles you'll see that I don't think the full game is as polished as it should have been. Basically, this game just feels thrown together at the last minute. If they keep patching it and add some of the missing content and features it might be worthy of your time. So hopefully they are in this one for the long haul and not the short buck. We'll see.
Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:24 am
noname

try reading the official Dungeon Lords forum at http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com

you'll find out what the game is really like.. reminds more of a mega-buggy beta version released too soon... waste of money
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:45 pm

txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I find that the official forums are not really the best place to visit, as they seem overly polarized - love or hate only. The Typhoon forums were better, IMO.

But, your 'unfinished, buggy waste of money' description works for me.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:42 pm
poot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dungeon Lords Development News

We understand how much the community would appreciate some information on the patch that is to come and I can assure you we are in testing.

Some of the fixes we foresee in Patch 1.4 are:

- PC customization, physical features
- Multiplayer fixes
- Quest & Quest log fixes
- Character statistic requirements for specialty class skills
- Potion & Rune buff spell effects
- Weapons that need to be charged
- Game settings & keyboard controls

We will update you in the coming weeks on the release date.

=================================================

http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?p=180398#post180398
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:24 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm shocked to see people defend this game after it has been absolutely blasted on every review I've seen.

I haven't played this, but I'm not sure this is my type of game anyway.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:39 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Enderandrew
I'm shocked to see people defend this game after it has been absolutely blasted on every review I've seen.
The thing is, the game *can* be fun, and there are some good areas. As I said in my review, though, there is a difference between 'fun' and 'good'. While the game can provide many hours of fun, stepping back from that reveals that it is not objectively a very good game at all.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:23 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Dungeon Lords - My Original Review

From my blog:

Dungeon Lords - The Original Review, In commemoration of the release of the 'Collector's Edition' for Dungeon Lords.

OK, this review is a mess ... yet there is something about it and how it represented my feelings that I just could never delete it - so here you go, read my schizo first draft.

I'm not posting it all here - it is over 3000 words long and just totally spastic. But while I have been tracking the game, and seeing how they have released the 1.4 patch and the 'Collector's Edition' without any comment to the established community, it seemed appropriate to bring it back ...

Click above if you dare

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:31 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next