Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes it will.

Also, I just finished the first alpha version of the translation mod, which have EVERYTHING translated and in place (well, excepting ALL the dialog lines, 3/5 of them are still just autotranslated lines, but the guys are working hard to finish them) and tested it into the game.

It works perfectly!

Post Sun May 09, 2004 8:01 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

Wahoo! Its really good to know that instead of waiting for an indefinate amount of time for the addon u ppl got up and did something about it! I'm going to order the German version of NotR now. If the english version is released then i'll buy that too and what will i have lost? £30, if that and if it is never released ill have lost nothing.
Post Sun May 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

maybe its somekind of publishers trick that first someone builds an fan made translation for the addon and everyone buys the german version and after some time they release the english version also so those same ppl will buy it twice to get 100% translation from voices and all
Post Sun May 09, 2004 10:27 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
maybe its somekind of publishers trick that first someone builds an fan made translation for the addon and everyone buys the german version and after some time they release the english version also so those same ppl will buy it twice to get 100% translation from voices and all

They just pay a guy to start posting on forums about a fan-made translation and how sick and tired he is about waiting for a game that maybe isn't even coming.
Post Mon May 10, 2004 12:28 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ok, you two have a choice, you know: when the translation will be out, just don't play it pls. go wait for atari's or whatever else release of it.

also daedalus, i remember you wanted to help us with the translation, and i tried to contact you to add you to the team, but it seemd you gave up the help, 'cause i didn't heard anything about you from then... and now you're starting to trash those guys hard and for free work... that's lame, and also sad...

what's wrong with you?!!
Post Mon May 10, 2004 12:37 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think they are just trying to be funny. It's pretty galling though, to get it from someone like Daedalus who should know better.

To all others: Cythoso is working his socks off on this and so are all the translators. We do it for free, in our spare time after work etc.

So please show some consideration. Having a dig at us from that angle is just unfair.

Edit: Oh and thanks to all who give us the thumbs up.

Last edited by Gorn's best mate on Mon May 10, 2004 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon May 10, 2004 1:34 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

MAYBE the add-on will be released at some day in english. I personally don't bet on it just yet, all the data what points to this is way too vague to be of any real reference at all, and lacks any credibility. The rumors a la "may release at some point in future, maybe in english" mean nothing to me. At the same time, there are some people who step up and told that "we'll do it!". This is being done from their own free time, for no pay, and is being done so that every other gamer out there could enjoy the game in a languaga that they understand.

If someone here doesn't want it, then please make SURE that once this translation is released, you do NOT then download it and use, EVER. Those who are waiting for it and have posted positive messages, thanks, the support is appreciated. As Cothyso said, the translation is largely done, some translation just remains to be done, after which the package will go into first testing and reviewing process. And, after that, it's basically done
Post Mon May 10, 2004 1:46 pm
royc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

where can we get it from

you guys who doing it are great , i cant wait for it to be done.
where will we need to go to download it when it done?
Post Mon May 10, 2004 2:00 pm
gigahop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I also echo the sentiment above. Thanks a bundle guys for taking the time to help those of use who love the Gothic series enjoy it some more!
Post Mon May 10, 2004 5:41 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Thumbs up
Post Mon May 10, 2004 6:27 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, I do not get paid for it.

I think Daedulas comment is funny!

Of course I think some took it the wrong way.....Let's all play together nice...

W all are friends here. OK?
Post Mon May 10, 2004 9:29 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have to give you guys a huge thumbs up you can't imagine how anxious I am for the NoTR in English and the fact you guys are doing it says alot. Perhaps if you guys successfully do this you could then translate Diccuric? Anyway good job guys!!!!
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue May 11, 2004 3:42 pm
xenocide
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to give it a go!
Post Tue May 11, 2004 3:55 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by cothyso
ok, you two have a choice, you know: when the translation will be out, just don't play it pls. go wait for atari's or whatever else release of it.

also daedalus, i remember you wanted to help us with the translation, and i tried to contact you to add you to the team, but it seemd you gave up the help, 'cause i didn't heard anything about you from then... and now you're starting to trash those guys hard and for free work... that's lame, and also sad...

what's wrong with you?!!

Whoa dude! Get a sense of humor already.
Post Tue May 11, 2004 4:55 pm
mrkiii
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've been a moocher off this group for years now-- with your collected advice, you guys got me through Gothic I and then Gothic II (three times!)

But what you are doing for us, for ME, this time is unprecedented, and has forced me to actually join, so that I can say thank you. Thank you all very much.

I speak no German, so have nothing of use to offer to the effort, though if I could help in any way, I would, and will. I'll now go back through this thread, follow the link one of you kindly supplied me, and order the German version of NOTR, so that I can enjoy the fruits of your efforts.

You people astonish me. You are a remarkable community. Thank you again.
Post Tue May 11, 2004 5:27 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next