Usergroups
Did I kill my game? *Spoiler*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Zxzz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I am level 19 or so, still in chapter 2 (was level 16 before I got to chapter 2). I would like to know if I "killed" my game by doing things "wrong". For instance, I have never been able to talk to Lares in the New camp as The second time the "water" guy in the New camp asked me to do water and I didn't he tried to attack me... so I led him away from camp and killed him. I still have that quest and have never gotten another quest from the NC other then beating up Shriker (or whatever).

I am a Fire Mage now, killed the Crawler Queen, Found the underground castle (can't open the two chests on the left side, they just break my picklocks, same with the doors down in the OC dungeon and the door down the ladderin OC as well), killed all three Goloms (attacked them from behind by crawling across the back mountains), found the abandonded castle, got the deed. Killed all the orcs, and the trolls, Gave the eggs, Did Ravens "Big thing" quest, ... there are still three "Jammed" wenches and closed doors/gates I can't get through... Who do I talk to, where is the next quest? Since the mines are mine (per the deed) should I just kill everyone and take them over? I am just running around... what am I missing?

[ This Message was edited by: Zxzz on 2002-01-02 13:02 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:00 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have no idea how to help you because you did stuff so out of order and so randomly that I can't even imagine where you're supposed to be at your current point in the game.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:14 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs really impossible for us to tell what you are supposed to do.
Compare the walkthrough in the FAQ to your questlog to find it out.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:39 pm
Zxzz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmm, See I made a comment about this exact thing in another post... how am I supposed to know I did it wrong? I walked around killing things and talking to people, the game either needs to TELL me what I am supposed to do or not allow me to do it, kind of dissapointed that I can ruin my game because I did not follow certain secret parameters. *sigh*
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:00 pm
Zxzz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry again, I looked in the FaQ here and in Gothicdot but I did not find a walkthrough? The "walkthrough" at Gothic dot says it is not there yet or something... Where is it?

I need to find it so I can play this game the way someone else says I have to... hehe

Sorry, found it:
http://jemym.no-ip.com/Gothic-FAQ-11.txt
thanks

[ This Message was edited by: Zxzz on 2002-01-02 15:15 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I doubt you ruined your game. Itīs only a bit chaotic now.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:22 pm

sounds like you need to talk to Cor Colon in the sect camp. He will get you started on something else.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:23 pm

Zxzz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm, Yes I did things out of order, and I never did the New camp or Sect camp things (except the eggs). However I got the focus, and the book and everyone is standing around at the temple... but it has been 3 days and they haven't started the ritual... Somehow it is just not kicking in...
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:41 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Not good.
Is any quest left in your quest log? Did you get the order to go to the temple at night?
Did you go there at night or earlier and waited?
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:46 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

That's easy, sleep until midnight (quickest way) then approach the temple courtyard. Walk towards the steps leading to the temple and the cinema will start.

If you don't want to sleep, then wait until true evening (when all the lamps turn on in the camp), that's when the ritual begins.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:15 am