Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 Addon: Bad news reg English release?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Stinkey

I'm waiting

I'm waiting for an official statement from Atari or JoWood before I comment further.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:41 am

Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Moriendor
What I'm trying to say is... there's no one sitting there at Atari looking at our comments thinking "haha you n00bs .. you can whine all you want .. you ain't gonna get it just because we can".

I agree that it's all done in cold blood. Maybe, instead of begging why the addon isn't coming or when it's coming, we should mail that they have to play the game. Then they'll know what the gamers are missing and why we're making so much trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by Moriendor
Regarding your comment, Garrett, I'm a little disappointed in Piranha Bytes. They should comment on why the Gothic II expansion is not or when it might be (not all hope is lost possibly) released in English. Even if they are prohibited -by contract- to talk about it they could at least say so like "we're not entitled to comment on the international release of the add-on". No reply at all is unacceptable though. I agree with everyone on this.

But Piranhy Bytes has nothing to do anymore with the addon. They finished it and handed it over to the publishers. It's off their hands, so they can't say anything unless they get official info from the publishers.

So what we now have is that every company involved has excuses not to say anything. Nice!
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:57 am
Garrett

Sem: I know PB has nothing to do with the Addon anymore, but they totally ignored any mail of ours asking for it. A simple answer telling us, that they don't know would have been ok... I guess theya are sick 'n' tired of Jowood & Atari...or of those publishers not doing their work properly!
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:02 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

What surprises me, is that the expansion is basically done. OK, there was the translation from German to English, but the hard, expensive work was finished. I would have thought that with an already established market, releasing the add on would be sensible. What would I know, neither Gothic was even released down here.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:15 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The lesson learned here is that RPGDot has to start it's own publishing company to make sure that our favorite games get to us.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:53 am
OctarineDragon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmmm... this doesn't sound bad at all. Doesn't Jolt host some MMORPGs already? They might as well start publishing games through the internet...
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:11 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
Sem: I know PB has nothing to do with the Addon anymore, but they totally ignored any mail of ours asking for it. A simple answer telling us, that they don't know would have been ok... I guess theya are sick 'n' tired of Jowood & Atari...or of those publishers not doing their work properly!

I can understand why they wouldn't answer just regular mail from gamers. To give everybody individual an answer could take ages. But that they don't even respond to mail from the largest rpg-site.

Maybe...
Jowood could have made all kinds prohibitions and obligations towards answering mail or so. PB maybe isn't allowed to respond Just trying to find some theory for the way things are going.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:26 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Hey, people..Atari have all the rights for Gothic now, Jowood sold it to them..I think because of financial problems. There's nothing left Jowood can do for the add-on. Since Atari is in these political problems that will have an affect probably on all their upcoming games. But I would ask why Atari don't bother doing anything with the add-on. No announcements or nothing. It looks like they don't care. PB is frustrated that Atari wont release it or tell them anything. When a publisher decide to not tell anything to the games developer things are bad!
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:38 pm

This is suckage beyond belief. G2 and the addon are the best games out there at the moment.
Once internet distribution becomes the norm, this will never happen again. Publishers and distributors of music and games are parasites whose eradication will benefit us all.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:49 pm

kazuma
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i dont know about this latest news that gothic addon wont come out in english but you all forgotten about the financial report or what ever that was that said that in 2004 jowood atari whatever will release another gothic installment and in 2005 another gothic
what about that ... ???
(just traing to holdon to somthing) hope is not lost yet
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Rumors I guess. As long as Atari choose to close their mouths nothing is for sure.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:08 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

This truly does suck, I think it's the worst ting in the world next to punk rock.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:29 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

This is so sad, truly sad. I just want the addon. I never ask for much and I've been good this year, so why can't I have it. It's not that I'm asking for a little brother, just the addon.

I can't believe what it's happening right now, and that there still isn't any official respons from anyone of them.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:56 pm
Rithe
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Spunior
I hope you do realize that petitiononline stunts have never ever achieved anything in the history of gaming.

PetitionOnline, maybe not, but if there was never a petition by Quest for Glory fans, there would never have been QFG5.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:12 pm
Iomar Eisenwolf

Hi guys!

It's rather dufficult to get some interesting details out of an official from JoWooD and it's even harder to get if from Atari (who should or could be the publisher for the non german speaking countries).
I asked Plex when there will be an release date for NotR his answer: "This is a very difficult question, there are many political problems within." (As seen above). This means either Atari isn't interested in publishing NotR (maybe G2 isn't a bestseller outside the german countries) or Atari isn't the publisher and JW is searching for another one.
As I asked Plex if there will be ever an english Addon he replied the same, seems like he also doesn't know much.

So far

Iomar
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:15 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next