Alliance or Horde
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Alliance or Horde

Do you prefer to play under the Alliance or Horde?
I prefer the Alliance myself, mostly because of the enviroment you start, and how your character looks after some time. I have a human mage, but I also have an undead warrior, and I noticed I like the Human mage alot more.
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:34 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Alliance all the way. Besides hating the Horde faction itself, theyre a nasty, dirty, stinky bunch, I didnt like the lands when I tried them out. The Undead lands are depressing, the Barrens are boring, just blah. The cities are a bunch of tents and huts. I like the mighty statues greeting you as you enter Stormwind, the huge cathedral, even the music rocks. The Horde music sucks, IMHO, a bunch of gutteral grunts and tribal bone-in-the-nose crap.

Thats just me tho, some people like it ='.'=

FOR THE ALLIANCE!
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:07 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

When I played it was Horde because of the million and one alliance running around on each server. Why feed the population imbalance problem?

And for starting environments I liked the Tauren. Wide, open plains. Plus you get to stomp dwarves as one of the first quets.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:14 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

You might like your alliance character because he is a mage and you like mages more than warriors. I think the horde is a lot better at sticking together and helping each other out and you are more dependent in general. I played alliance just to min/max but I would of liked to go horde just because of their tight community (at least on the server I played).
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:26 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

I like Alliance better though even when I played the horde I had much fun, though I disliked many areas at which you have to go at start. As Xen said Tauren's have great starting point and I agrree. Mulgore is one of the best places to start it with few great quest as start point. Though Humans have probably the best looking capital with almost everything you need there and that's why I like them the most along with other things such as being a Paladin and all.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:22 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Roqua
You might like your alliance character because he is a mage and you like mages more than warriors. I think the horde is a lot better at sticking together and helping each other out and you are more dependent in general. I played alliance just to min/max but I would of liked to go horde just because of their tight community (at least on the server I played).

I came to that idea too, so I started an Undead Warlock too. It is indeed alot better then a warrior, but still the human mage was better. I don't really know why, but I just have a better feeling while playing with the Alliance then with the Horde.
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:39 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Horde have a better flightpath network, I really like that about them(Crossroads ftw). Also, Horde players seem more mature and organized, at least on Shadow Moon(they beat us by a mile in most raids).

As usual, I go with a Paladin though, and I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to level someone else up to 60, so I guess I'll be sticking with the pally for now.
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:40 pm
Wooper
City Guard
City Guard

Horde flzpaths are just so good placed they offer fastest traveling.. While for the alliance you have to either always go to IF or SW or to auberdine to come anywhere...

Don't like it?

I don't care.
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:54 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I know, Alliance has one advantage though - Black Rock Mountains is located just south of Ironforge, so they can reach it quickly(for instanecs like BRD, UBRS/LBRS, Molten Core and Blackwing Lair). Other than that, Horde FPs are the best by far.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:46 pm
Redstone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Alliance for pretty places and characters. Horde for better community. I find the maturity level on the Horde sides crushes the Alliance. Who cares what the city looks like.
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:35 pm