hi from the developers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

KaiRo,
I have…yet another question. I saw your name roll across my screen in the credits after finding (very hard) and running the CodeCreatures Benchmarking tool (am now obsessed with jerkiness in G2). The credits say you wrote the sound track for the demo but it as no sound…What happened to the soundtrack? You guys are still going to use CodeCreature as the platform for G3 correct?

Sylvio
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:44 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Classified info.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:43 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

What’s classified…the soundtrack or platform info?

Sylvio
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:25 pm
Ragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Greaaaaatt!

quote:
Originally posted by KaiRo
hey folks,

in gothic III, will we see the colony once again? (by chronotrigger)

i don't think so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YYYYYYYYYESSS! STTTTTTTRRRIKE!

Really great to hear! Thanks alot, KaiRo!

And happy birthday from me as well!
You are now... what age? 50?!?
Hey, no offense! I just was second guessing... i mean, you have to make sacrifices for creating s.th. superhuman like the Gothics, don´t ya? It takes its toll, it takes its toll, man...

Ragon, the Mage
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:47 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

in gothic III, will we see the colony once again? haha, seems like "the" question
Happy Birthday Man, Your Music Got Me, Right now, Im making a CDAudio with Both soundtracks... Really Rocks
PS... To: SheerWolf ... he said "Gothic 2 Add On"
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:01 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

in Gothic 3, how about having a barber who will chop off the hero's pony tail, and/or give him a choice of new hair styles?
also, what did you do to celebrate your birthday?
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:41 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

While a dev is here, I can ask about a thing that I thought was very, very strange in G1. Why was it never an arena fight???

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:06 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Yeah, you could take a bet by Scatty, but he always answerd: "But there's no fight on..."
NFG member
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:13 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnar
What’s classified…the soundtrack or platform info?
Engine info. At least it was a short time ago.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:49 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Ok, one last question/suggestion from me. Seceral very good armours in both Gothics have been ruined because of the hero's tights, namely the light templars armour (others include the light guards armour, both Gothic 1 and 2, the novices armour.). Would it not be possible for him to wear boxers like the male npcs and he gets a piece of clothing like the "Hero's tramp clothes" which have a very minimal AC? I'm nitpicking now aren't I?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:44 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Toaster
While a dev is here, I can ask about a thing that I thought was very, very strange in G1. Why was it never an arena fight???
<---- that kind of thing would be cool in G3 u can join the arena to proov ur skills and win money or just bet on someone and win the money
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:47 am
Larbry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok I'm a 43 year old gamer/ computer tech and want to say thank-you for such a wonderful game. The Gothic series are by far the best games I have ever played! I like the idea of the arena fights as well, but one of the things that can be improved is the way the hero strafes. Two games that do strafing quite well were Rune and Enclave. Jumping and strafing are two points that could use improving. Is that something that you have noticed before, or looking to improve upon in Gothic 3?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:09 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Larbry
Ok I'm a 43 year old gamer/ computer tech and want to say thank-you for such a wonderful game. The Gothic series are by far the best games I have ever played! I like the idea of the arena fights as well, but one of the things that can be improved is the way the hero strafes. Two games that do strafing quite well were Rune and Enclave. Jumping and strafing are two points that could use improving. Is that something that you have noticed before, or looking to improve upon in Gothic 3?

I agree... the strafing in Gothic 2 was *terrible*! Please, please make us strafe horizontally in Gothic 3... not in circles. It's what we're used to from every single other game.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:53 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
quote:
Originally posted by Toaster
<---- that kind of thing would be cool in G3 u can join the arena to proov ur skills and win money or just bet on someone and win the money

Well you could challenge Lavik in the ally behind the pub, bet on yourself, and win money. I believe he had three different skill levels. (club, sword, and improved sword).
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:55 pm
John_W22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That is an excellent suggestion, Larbry. Even though I would still like to be able to circle-strafe in certain situations, strafing horizontally would be better most of the time.

quote:
Originally posted by SheerWolf
quote:
Originally posted by Larbry

I agree... the strafing in Gothic 2 was *terrible*! Please, please make us strafe horizontally in Gothic 3... not in circles. It's what we're used to from every single other game.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:13 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next