Gothic 2 release dates - discussion
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Gothic 2 release dates - discussion

27th...amazon talk so much bullsh*t...before im sure they had it at 08/24/03.
but if you are sure..and i know you dont like it when other people post rumors..hmm, you done it yourself..why?
Post Thu May 15, 2003 12:06 am
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Re: Gothic 2 release dates

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Current status:

Gothic 2 is available in

6/13 Scandinavia / Atari Nordic
6/13 Europe / ToTheGame.com refering to Atari´s retailer release list
6/13 Benelux / forum (-->mail from Atari.nl)
6/27 UK / rumor (Amazon.co.uk)
7/18 Australia / Atari AU

Already contacted to my games reseller and made a preorder
Post Thu May 15, 2003 2:05 am
Shurik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hmm

Pardon for my geography, but is there a US release date?
Post Thu May 15, 2003 2:45 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Now that Atari (the publisher formerly known as Infogrames) took over from JoWooD and disclosed the first few release dates feel free to discuss the latest developments in this thread.

A collection of the current release dates - official and unofficial - can be found in the announcement in this forum. It will be updated when new infos appear.

All other threads on release dates will be closed soon. Please stay on topic. Off topic posts will be deleted, spamming will not be tolerated.

Have fun!

Post Thu May 15, 2003 6:19 am
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Aaaahhhh, but is this "official"(that is the october release date)? Jowood still has Q2/2003 as their official release date, and the news comes from gamespot, not Atari or Jowood or PB. I was hoping for an earlier release date, but that is out of my control but I will not give up hope until I read official on something. *Waits and Wonders*
Post Thu May 15, 2003 6:23 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
but if you are sure..and i know you dont like it when other people post rumors..hmm, you done it yourself..why?

Who said I´m sure? Have a look at the source and decide for yourself whether or not you want to believe a date.

I opened the thread because I wanted to have all circulating dates, or at least those with at least some credibility, in one place. Now some forum members know when they can buy the game while others still have to wait for an official word from Atari.
Post Thu May 15, 2003 6:28 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Lostnumber
Aaaahhhh, but is this "official"(that is the october release date)? Jowood still has Q2/2003 as their official release date, and the news comes from gamespot, not Atari or Jowood or PB. I was hoping for an earlier release date, but that is out of my control but I will not give up hope until I read official on something. *Waits and Wonders*

It´s not official, but Gamespot claims to have talked to Atari.

PB is only the developer. Distribution is not their business.
JoWooD is out of the game.
Post Thu May 15, 2003 6:33 am
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I am in denial now, but I will not let it get the better of me. Could an October release date have anything to do with the "Gold" edition of Gothic 2? I understand that the expansion pack will soon be released in Germany soon, given that I imagine that it could be ready for international release this October. But wouldn't it make more sense to release both the normal plastic version and then release the Gold edition? Take half life for example, mother of God there are like four expansion packs, and about 4 more other delux/special edition/game of the year/other marketing gimmic/ packs available. So what does this mean and why would they want to release it five months from now instead of......say....now??
Post Thu May 15, 2003 6:45 am
jo_nik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Don't worry Lostnumber I'm sure rumors about an october release are inaccurate.I mean why would Atari buy a game that is already bordering on the "woefully outdated" area and wait another 5 months to release it. We
all know its finished, localised and probably already as polished as its gonna get (Anyone heard anything about any new, German version patches?, no?) .

Releasing it after such eyecandy as say Half Life 2 (Due for September)...
well who else except us hardcore fans are gonna get it ?.

Oh I know its like comparing apples and oranges in terms of content. But you could understand the casual gamer not even considering GII for purchase (more than one year old at the time!! )after getting used of his eyes treated to such things as the Source engine can produce.

On the other hand,and maybe its wistfull thinking on my part too, but in case someone hasnt completely made up that date and it has some base could it be valid only for markets traditionally getting their games late (read: Australia).
Or even could it be an actual mixup with the release date for the addon?

Lets hope so.
Post Thu May 15, 2003 12:07 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Has there been absolutely no word on US release date for Gothic2 from Infogrames/Atari at E3 convention in Los Angeles??

I was hoping we'd at least hear from someone in this forum of what they were told when they walked up to the Infogrames/Atari booth and asked the question. Help us out you LA natives!
Post Thu May 15, 2003 3:24 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

13th June sounds great to me! Hope it will be released somewhere around the 13th.
Post Thu May 15, 2003 3:51 pm
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The 15th is here.... and E3 will be over soon, the Matrix game was released yesterday and the movie started playing last night (guys who made the film are from the south side of Chicago, it played slightly earlier here). With that all done and over with, I really hope that some useful information will come into being. It is interesting that Atari said Gothic 2 will be released in Australia in July whereas an informant who claims to have interfaced with Atari at E3 heralds an October release date. Given that games are usually released last in Australia, hearsay from this forum, and that October is indeed after July a discrepancy takes form. So who knows, maybe we will be enjoying Gothic this summer. If not then October won't just be about Halloween this year.
Post Thu May 15, 2003 5:14 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Ok Gorath..i have seen so many dates it dont know where to start...and Gamespot i do not believe because they have had April 14th,March 23rd and august ?th or other...how do you expect me to believe that..the same with alot of other websites and retailer stores, they only make up dates so you preorder it,, like someone said before.

hey, this the first time i seen Gorath get annoyed..muhaha
Post Thu May 15, 2003 6:16 pm
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It is not so much that you must believe it, as was said before consider the source before jumping on a date. This guy “claims” to have spoken with Atari, who is to say he really did, and what if Atari gave him a bogus date to keep other companies guessing? We simply get news as is it released, and such news is given in an objective format. As such it is subject to your own personal criticism. Take it for what it is worth, but until you read the word official don't set your mind on anything. And yes if he is annoyed he is entitled to, for running a web site is slightly more difficult than wiping one's bum. Instead of egging him how about thanking him, as well as, Jaz and the others for putting up with us and bringing us this news free of charge. I know I sound like a brown nosed ass kisser, but I felt it necessary to say this, I mean free news, downloads, and other info/media? If this were gamespot or say ign we would be paying for half this stuff..
Post Thu May 15, 2003 6:51 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Thanks, Lostnumber.

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
hey, this the first time i seen Gorath get annoyed..muhaha

How old are you, 12? You want muhaha? Okay, I´ll give you muhahah!
Do you know what we get on 5/28/03? A nice little Gothic 2 Limited Edition with
-some postcard sized thing with monsters on it
-a soundtrack CD
-postcard sized mini maps
-and an A2 sized map.

Have fun researching how BIG A2 is!

Muhaha!

Aarh....
Post Thu May 15, 2003 11:33 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next