Orcs at the Castle and a Question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gorns' Brother
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Orcs at the Castle and a Question

In case you are having trouble clearing the area of Orcs around the battering ram that allows access to the castle... The Orcs cannot come close to you when standing at the base of the log, you can pummel them with a 2H weapon or shoot them with your bow/crossbow... they cannot hit you and just stand there Very angry.

I led them to the log and kill'em off... in fact you can lead all of them to the log and kill them

Funny story... I returned from the add-on world and went to the old world to battle Orcs, I finished off most of them around the log entrance (battering ram) to the castle/stronghold, I turned to climb the log, got about 5 steps... and an arrow hit me in the chest, fell off the log and died... I heard something like... "filthy bandit, take that!".... I had forgotten to remove Raven's guards armor and the castle Paladin shot me!

Question: How do you get back from the ruins with the magic bow and arrows (add-on world)? I dropped on to the tree in the corner from cliffs above and "climbed" down (fell like a bird with a BB in it's beak)... but now I can't jump across or climb up to escape this area. Any help?
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:45 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The trick with the ramp is more than 3 years old.

You can jump. Either use the speed thing you found there or transform into some animal. Itīs hard but possible.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:53 am
Gorns' Brother
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
The trick with the ramp is more than 3 years old.

You can jump. Either use the speed thing you found there or transform into some animal. Itīs hard but possible.

It maybe 3 years old... but new to me in the USA since Gothic II Gold just arrived on our shores in December '05. I played the original back when it was Gothic II, but you guys in Germany were lucky to have the expansion back then too.

The area in question...
I tried the speed potion and fell to my death many times in many wonderful fashions, but not even close to reaching the other side of the bridge. I'll try the transform, was reluctant to do so before as I could not figure out how to change back to human (!) Thanks to this board I now know the ketstroke.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:48 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Anyway it's the most boring trick... No excuses!!

Lucky for you if morphing works, myself I just need be seen morphed once if I unmorph even unseen I still has problem with those who seen me morphed.

You probably attracked a pack at this entrance because even with standard run, no speed, it's more than easy to do if you come right from the wood and eventually sneak to start run nearer to the castle.

The first time I had to found the castle it has been a pain because my setting was set to low range vision. Well at least it's the excuse I found.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:55 pm