Enchant Weapons - Maybe Spoiler
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Enchant Weapons - Maybe Spoiler

I have tried to Enchant a Sabre with a Garlic, Poison Potion, and Bone Powder to improve it and get Dex Bonus, Poison Dmg and Str Bonus.

I got the Poison Dmg (sword turned green and got Poison:4 (with 40 Object Knowledge), but with the Garlic and Bone Powder, it seems I only added Glow to the sabre (green glow with Garlic and red glow with Bone Powder).

Why didn't I get the Dex and Str Bonuses ? Do I need more in Object Knowledge to get them? Is it a Bug or can I only get a glow with these items?

Thks
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:43 am
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have tried with a Amikar's Rock to get an Unbreakable Sabre, but I got a White Glow.... and it seems I didn't get the Unbreakable option ......
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:46 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Not to sound stupid or anything, but are you casting "enchant object" spell after you are applying the ingredients to the blade?
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:03 am
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I know I cast enchant after adding different components anyway and I never got any enchantments to work (eventhough they glowed in all the various colors). In retrospect I believe my casting skill was to low, it was around 40 I believe. The only item I managed to enchant was the mithril sword, but I used a scroll for that.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:53 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Dybbuk
I know I cast enchant after adding different components anyway and I never got any enchantments to work (eventhough they glowed in all the various colors). In retrospect I believe my casting skill was to low, it was around 40 I believe. The only item I managed to enchant was the mithril sword, but I used a scroll for that.

Had the same problem with enchanting weapons/armour, I didn't seem to get any bonuses out of it except a glowing item. I presumed also that my magical capabilities was to low. I used scrolls too to get the enchantments, but I never could enchant my 2 hand mithril sword with anything, it just kept telling me that I didn't want to do that. My 2 Hand Meteor sword on the other hand, got the dragon egg enchantment, with a good damage bonus!
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:14 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Enchanting Objects

YES ...same results ...but I haven't gotten DRAGON'S EGG yet or MITHRIL SWORD...obj. knowledge and magic ability still low...I HAVE TRIED BLESS first...

THE TAROT
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:05 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

To poison, there is no need for object enchantment. Instead object knowledge definse how many poison attacks you will get. The other modes (garlic, bone powder) need an enchantment spell to be applied to a weapon.

It seams that the spellcasting level is not important, as I was able to enchant my meteor sabre even so I never invested into magik. Alternative is to use the proper scroll, but as far as I know, there are only 2 enchantment scrolls in the game (@ levels 5 and 6), so at the end, all those stones, dragons eggs, etc.. I've been collecting ended up in one of the chests among other useless but dear trinkets..
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:10 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

There are minimum requirements to enchant items. For the dragon egg though I think it's a special case where you don't need much (or any?) magic to enchant it as it's actually related to your quest.

For there others (well, the only one I really tested was rings), you need a minimum magik level to attain it.

Some say that you needn't cast "echant" to apply some magical properties on the items, but I doubt it since I noticed no difference when using the item with just the item.

Right now in my game I don't care much about echanting waepons since I'm using an already enchanted one... Although maybe I should enchant them anyway to make more money before seeling them, but why bother... I alreayd have over 20k gold and don't know what to do with it...
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:48 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Well, I didn't use object enhancement that much either, only some poison on a saber, and a dragon egg on the ultimate weapon for a +33% damage, which I couldn't resist spending time to do!

Regarding rings: Only my object knowledge determines if I can identify a ring or not, and if i can identify it I can use it, no matter any statistics.

Using blessing, seems only to enhance by basic attributes, but not the special skills, even though they are derived from the basic attributes, at least that's what my character skill screen tells me, though it felt that I were a better lockpicker when I used blessing before picking a lock?!
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:11 pm
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have now have enough in my casting skill (at lvl5, 73 with my 2 ring +10% magic) to enchant weapon.

So far, I have found that a weapon can only have 1 enchantement (and 2 with the poison effect). If you use a Garlic to add a bonus Dex on a weapon, and use Enchant Object Spell. You will get the Dex Addition.

But ... if you try to use a Bone Powder on the same sword, you will get the message: I don't want to do that.

If you use on a non enchanted weapon a Garlic, Bone Powder, and then the Enchant Object Spell, the weapon will receive the bonus of the last item improvement you used. In this case, the Bone Powder will add a bonus Str.

It seems you cannot add a bonus on an enchanted weapon, like Ciprian Long Sword of Force. You will get everytime the message: I don't want to do that.

Of course the Ultimate Weapon is an exception.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:39 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Crap I fogoot to post about that. Yes, you can only have a single enchatment at a time.

It's explained in a book I think you find in the sepent women's library.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:02 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

enchanting armor and clothing

I used garlic...and an enchant object spell on my wooden shield...stealth helmet...and stealth chest armour...figured since stealth modes need dexterity it'd help...well I got the green glow...the enchament worked according to video and sound effects...but none of my statistics changed...AM SHAEGAR'S...comment when using garlic was..."that's an interesting effect"...maybe my skills are still too low ...but I also was using bless to improve them and I think it was at 43 ...afterwards I was able to steal the Krahoz fairly easily...my stealth was at 69...I replayed and stole it 3 more times...is it really this easy...or did the enchantment work even though the statistics didn't change...WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK...because my leggings are magical and my sword as well I couldn't do the same to them...

THE TAROT
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:43 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

We don't know. Well I don't for sure. The echantements work weird

All I know is using the rock thing on my sword didn't seem to make it tougher.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:00 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ok, here is more oil into the fire: Object descriptions do not always reflect object's properties. Example: according to the description, Inut's bow is just a bow with 6 damage, when in reality it adds nice fire damage too (and the bow is identified). However, the damage stats in the book do show increase in damage when the bow is equiped..

The Inut's bow case might be an exception, but it nevetherless shows that stats and properties info do not always agree.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:06 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well bows altogether are special cases (Inut's moreso then others) as it uses two part two work...

I heard you could find poisoned arrows or something? And then use an enchanted bow? Might have read it wrong though.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:45 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next