View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Forcus Maximus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Chapter 2: What to do for experience?

All:

I'm at the beginning of Chapter 2 and I think It's going to be a long while before I can go to the pass since there are Orcs there and I'm only a level 6. I get clobbered by the Orcs. Other than that, I can't go any further in the Thief Guild because I don't have any learning points to put into 'sneek'. Also, some of the other missions are too high (i.e. getting a black hide from a Troll, beating the Orc Elite outside the town, finding some magic ore from the mines.)

I can't even take out Bulloc in the Merc camp to complete that quest! Maybe I should travel to the monestary and start some quests there..but I don't want to spend 1k gold for that!

Any suggestions?

-M
Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:20 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Do you even leave khorinis? Traval! Whn i was in chapter 2 i travald in almost all of the place! Its not that hard... Just go, Kil beasts You dont have to kill the orc elite the orc they were talking about was an orc scout, to kill him, go to the hunter That used to be bowspar's apprentice, Go hunting with him, He will The orc for you... You dont have to kill an orc at all! ?There is a bandit cave behind khorinis, They are as strong as the bandits at the begining of the game, there is an orc weapon lying there...
The black hide is too hard for a LVL 6 person, Get stronger, As i asyd, TRAVAL! got to the black troll, Go to the pyramid, Go to The pass, go to the circle of sun, Kill bandits, Do things, Gain LVLs!!!
Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:30 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Pikkon has good advice here. And most importantly, do not rush through the chapter! There is plenty of experience. Also, there is a way to by pass the orcs (hint: Look behind you).

I managed to get to L10 with out a lot of work before entering Chapt 2 and that was by just traveling around depopulating the country side of bad guys *grin*
Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:57 pm
Forcus Maximus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Pikkon
Do you even leave khorinis? Traval! Whn i was in chapter 2 i travald in almost all of the place! Its not that hard... Just go, Kil beasts You dont have to kill the orc elite the orc they were talking about was an orc scout, to kill him, go to the hunter That used to be bowspar's apprentice, Go hunting with him, He will The orc for you... You dont have to kill an orc at all! ?There is a bandit cave behind khorinis, They are as strong as the bandits at the begining of the game, there is an orc weapon lying there...
The black hide is too hard for a LVL 6 person, Get stronger, As i asyd, TRAVAL! got to the black troll, Go to the pyramid, Go to The pass, go to the circle of sun, Kill bandits, Do things, Gain LVLs!!!

I have travelled.

I can't go to the PASS because Orcs are in the pass, right? I got the key to the gate that the Paladins are guarding leading to the Prison Colony. Isn't this the pass?

Where exactly is this bandit cave behind Khorinis? I have killed 4 bandit caves: the first one at the start of the game, the one that fullfils the 'Bandit Raids' quest, the bandits at the Lighthouse, and the Bandit Stronghold in the hills near Onar's farm.

-M
Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:00 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

exit the city through the market exit and go left at the guard
don't go up to the lighthouse stay down and and u will find the cave
near some molerats
Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:45 pm
ServanteS
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

why do you say that troll is to strong for you,do you remember how goblins fight with you thats the tactic you are going to use
Just run to the troll and then strafe around him,when at his backs hit him and again strafe,it will take some time but if done correctly he wont even screach you
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:10 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by ServanteS
why do you say that troll is to strong for you,do you remember how goblins fight with you thats the tactic you are going to use
Just run to the troll and then strafe around him,when at his backs hit him and again strafe,it will take some time but if done correctly he wont even screach you

This is easier to do than it sounds! I am not all that great at the eye-hand coordination thing and I was able to do it (after getting toasted a few times ... then I got the hang of it). The trolls are killable at a pretty low level ... as long as there is only one of them, and there are no attending smaller monsters *grin*
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:48 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

when i bought the game some time ago, i didn't even knew what was going to be in the VoM, so i came in ch2 in lv5.

but i did it well, and i managed to get out of there in lv17 (not high, but it is higher than lv 5 )
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:49 pm
Forcus Maximus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Which is my next question. This game has GOT to be kidding concerning the VoTM! I'm at a lvl.8 and just entered there last night. Whaaaaooooo!! I am getting my butt creamed by anything that moves (save the Lurkers and Wolves). I am supposed to go around to the castle, but what happens after that? I'm I stuck in this land or can I get back to Khorinis a different way?

-M
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:20 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

when your at the back fo the castle, there is an orc ram. go up, the orcs can't hit you there, (and you get in the castle)

-minor spoiler-
sty on the ram, and shoot the orcs, they can't hit you back.
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Forcus Maximus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Right, that's what that dude at the pass told me, but how about me getting back to Khorinis? It's been a long travel and I'd hate to have to go back through all those Orcs.

Btw, I found an Orc Slayer sword (looks just like that sword in the Gothic I game) in a big pyramid temple. I can't wait to get the strength to use it on those Orcs!!

-M
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:11 pm
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

just leave khorinis and go kill monsters in the woods
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:15 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

when you took time to explore the beginning of the VoM, you would have found a teleport rune, it teleports you right to the beginning of the VoM.
but, since you don't have it, i will tell you how to come there:

walk down the orc ram, and run till you reach a cliff (there is water under it).
go to the left, and run till you see some orcs, then go left again (you'll be in the forest right now).
tun to the river, and go to the left. avoid the orcs, and run to the brigde, cross it and ro right. then just run up and follow the path.

(i hope you can find it, i'm not that good in writting walktroughs...)
Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:16 pm
ServanteS
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

when everything fails quaf a speed poution
Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:05 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by ServanteS
when everything fails quaf a speed poution

Exellent advice there, drinking speed potion has saved me countless of times.Thought be carefull where you run.I mean you DON'T want to end up huging a troll :p.
Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:53 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next