Ultima X
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ultima X

This game rulez. It's the best new inovative game to date. This is the game to end all games. I w1LL 0wnZ ju F00zz <-- Boy I hope this game, and the genre have out grown that. Ok, so I'm a hype-whore (same as crack-whore, but with an obvious difference)

I actually don't know anything about this game, but at least the post is open. Guess we'll all find out if there is something to hype about on Saturday. Until then I'll entertain myself with oragami cause...it 0wnZ jU l33T

Any other thoughts on UXO or oragami?
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:41 pm
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

meh ... ultima X ...
i have no real thoughts on it
my girlfriend knows how to make a samurai helmet in oragami.
You have lots of problems with your l33t sp34k... although im not proud of this isnt "you" supposed to be spealt like this "j00" ??
(I learned from playing half-life online - all those stupid kids and their l33t sp34k)

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:23 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Sorry Shadow, I don't actually speak that tonge. And those whom do really erk me...Is it really easier to type j00 other than Y-O-U. I think not. And if I offended any l33t speakers with my horrible job at doing it...good. You offend me every time with that rediculas -- whatever it is your doing.

cool about your girlfriends unique abilities.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:22 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

From what I've seen, it doesnt look very good at all. UO is my favourite MMORPG of all time. UO2 looked kind of interesting (if a little empty), but UltimaX looks like a very large step backwards.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:27 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

umm... hardly anything about the game has been released so far... so i cant really judge whether its good or not... i will judge whether to buy it tomorrow when the info comes... I wouldnt mind a UO-type game with 3d graphics instead of the horribly outdated UO two-dimensional game they are so raving about. Most people i know played pre-tramel (whatever that means, i have no idea, i wasnt there) and they say quit after that so i guess UO isnt all that great, but if they wanna make a new UO im all for it.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:49 pm
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

for the record ... i dont speak l33t i just ... "understand" it ... lol l33t sp34k3rz are a low low species ... and they give internet gaming a bad name (no offence if any rpgdoters speak it, just its not very cool atall)

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:04 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I agree. They're just like lemmings that jump into the ocean and drown. Bunch of elitist wanna-be's. The very first lemming was really stupid because he drowned in the ocean all by himself, but you gotta hand it to all the rest: they're pretty damn stupid too for following him!

eL33T L3mm|ngz !!! g0 g0 g0!!!
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:36 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well you've seen the info Ammon, think your buy it? Some might say it's to early to tell if they'd buy it or not. Not me...I'm a buyer. I buy em all. I don't play them long but I do buy them. So I guess I'm a lemming. Anyway, not too much about the game was released, and the one disappointment I saw so far was that there will be no tradeskills?!? Their claiming this is going to action packed, and it had better be if they take away my roleplaying option of crafting. But it was also pretty cool how they say I can choose how to complete a quest. "Talk to the Dragon.; Sneak the Princess out.; or Slay the Dragon." each having a different outcome and giving you different points. Cool....anyway I guess we'll see in about a year
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:13 pm
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

I for one am glad to hear about the reports filtering out from that event. It looks like it's going to be a much more streamlined and fast paced Ultima. Totally a good move by the developers to hold off on alot of the traditional MMORPG detail like housing and stuff until they can do it right. Personally I won't miss it since dealing with that in the real world is slow enough.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:21 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Much more fast paced?? Great, they are turning UO into an action game....
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:23 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I think "Fast paced..." is referring to the combat sequinces. Like it's been mentioned...you can't toggle your auto attack on then leave for a nap can return to a waiting character with full health. You'll actually have to be the controller for your avatar. Or like they said while doing any PvP where you'll be able to dodge and move to avoid attacks. And what interested me was the saying "A lower level player with better handle at the controls could beat a higer level character played by a less skillful person." Thats what I like...I'll finally be able to beat the damn four year olds whom get to stay home all day and level up. At least now my superior motor skill will come into play.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:45 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Ah I see. Well if you put it that way then its obviously a very good thing.

P.S. If you are being beaten by 4yr olds, I think youll need more than reflexes to help you
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:47 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by Kiff
Well you've seen the info Ammon, think your buy it? Some might say it's to early to tell if they'd buy it or not. Not me...I'm a buyer. I buy em all. I don't play them long but I do buy them. So I guess I'm a lemming. Anyway, not too much about the game was released, and the one disappointment I saw so far was that there will be no tradeskills?!? Their claiming this is going to action packed, and it had better be if they take away my roleplaying option of crafting. But it was also pretty cool how they say I can choose how to complete a quest. "Talk to the Dragon.; Sneak the Princess out.; or Slay the Dragon." each having a different outcome and giving you different points. Cool....anyway I guess we'll see in about a year

Nope, ive decided im not buying it. If it had everything in the list below, i would have bought it, but it doesnt, so i wont:

1) an actual economy with tradeskills/crafting
2) lands ownership and RvR wars for them
3) more realistic graphics, something like EQ2 or Dragon Empires
4) a sophisticated PvP system like what Dragon Empires has
5) skill-based gameplay like Ultima Online had
6) more innovative features... come on! advance the genre already!
7) realtime voice communication like roger-wilko (this is in fact coming...)

Actually, i was hoping that this was UO2, and was fairly disappointed that its not. However, i believe still that UO2 will one day happen, sooner or later, probably later because of this UOX game... Ah well... The good thing is that we will have plenty of options very soon.

Aside from the hosts of single-player games i am surely going to buy, these are the MMO games i am interested in, just so you can gather what kind of player doesnt appreciate UOX:

1) Dragon Empires
2) Darkfall Online
3) Everquest Two
4) Trials of Ascension

none of which are out yet, but should be sometime in 2004...

So anyway, my answer to your question is negative. Im not getting UOX.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:03 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

[quote="Ammon777"]
quote:
Originally posted by Kiff
Aside from the hosts of single-player games i am surely going to buy, these are the MMO games i am interested in, just so you can gather what kind of player doesnt appreciate UOX:

1) Dragon Empires
2) Darkfall Online
3) Everquest Two
4) Trials of Ascension

1) Me too
2) Me too
3) Me too
4) Haven't been following this one.

Yeah I was really hoping for a UO2 also. I wanted it to be UO, just in with the 3rd person prespective. UO is great it's just out of date. But I belive UO2 will some day come also.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:35 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Well I just read the RPGDot preview and I have to say that I am very dissapointed with what I read.

Sure they seem to have improved the combat, but I dont see how they are going to pull off the questing to the degree that they claim.

Also, once again they have completely ruined my favourite part of UO: PvP. And what the hell is this about no houses or crafting skills?

How can they even have the gall to call it Ultima when there is basically nothing but fighting? What about the beleivable worlds where you can pickup and use almost anything?

What a mess...
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:04 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next