Mud?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
PetroToreno
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

mud

i read somwhere on this forum that it is revealed in the game that mud is actually thrown into the colonies because he is into bestiality or something like that
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:45 am
MidgardDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: mud

quote:
Originally posted by PetroToreno
i read somwhere on this forum that it is revealed in the game that mud is actually thrown into the colonies because he is into bestiality or something like that

hehe, you just have to let him follow you for a little while and talk and you'll soon hear him say things that "imply" this. It's never explicitly stated, so it's left up to your imagination wether or not you believe this.
Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:38 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, and when you beat him up he replies "what did you do that for".. "I'm into that kind of thing" is the heros' answer. Definetly something about freaky fetishes about Mud, hehe.
Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:59 pm
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

yuuupeeee~!!!

WULF!!! you gave me strength!

I finnally managed to finish gothic with mud beeing the hero
yes he told me about he's familly ,and I'm like his bigger brother now

he is such a hero! ,first time, for a better weapon part I thought that I should whack him then put scar's sword in his inventory it worked!
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:41 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes Giani, excellent, you have learned well, you brought back those memories of Mud in the mine and the orc temple, he is the only specific npc capable of this as a follower, Shrat would attack you in the orc temple.
In the normally played game, If Mud had managed to stay alive till pc-hero is banned from old camp, he would be killed by the guards when the banned pc-hero approaches the old camp even without entering the camp, going near to the perimeter fence will have Mud killed.
My most enjoyable game was with two Muds armed only with bows and 1000 arrows, they were simply amazing to watch, and of course they did all the hard work.
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:36 pm
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

lool!

LOOL!!!
I had a very neat bug that when I got the first part of cromanin mud was going on his own to the locations of the other parts !!!!!!!11
killing everything in his path like a maniac,heck I killed a rogue in new camp and after that he gone berseker he killed all camp but after that he was killed by a invulnerable mage ,poor ol' Mud,no matter the cost I used (marvin)shock therapy to bring his soul back into the body and he was as good as new!

either way I love mud,and would had loved to see him in g2 too ,I heard that in notr you meet him but he is a zombi...

I'll have to be a necromancer to be friend with him I guess...
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:57 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes, cool info's

It would be a simple task to have a zombie as a follower, but it would be too slow with the zombie overlay, but with Mud's permission ( ) you could have the zombie head on Mud, he would run, walk and talk the same as Mud but you will scream laughing as the zombie say's "you can come back to my place"

PS. Tell me more about that bug, did mud get the next book? - - or "all" the books, do you still have a savegame? - - if so, while he is getting the book, in marvin mode - press G, do you see the words anywhere "magerun"? - i need to know, it is important, PM me with answers if you wish.
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:17 pm
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

hmm...

I admire you wulf for your work and other stuff,you know a few good things and bad
anyway...
unfortunately no..., after I finished it that time I copyed the saves on a CD and gave them to a friend, (he died 4 months later and I wouldn't dare asking his parents to give me the CD )) and reinstalled the game cuz I accidently installed it in windows and the second reason to reinstall it was the song that was in time of installing (you will find that it's a bit different than the song from menu) >>>and to answer your question ,yes>after I took the quest he just started run around me like a lunatic, for about 2-5 min (I laughed so much that I watched him those 5 min so carefully ,didn't even move, he was just running around me) after that he just went on the locations of every book >>. and at my curiosity ofcourse I followed him>>> he reached every book than had a delay of 2-5 min running around me then the next book and so on,woah man, he was like a doggy! >>in fact this was the strangest thing that happen to me in gothic 1
lol in gothic 2>>>1 of the dragons didn't attacked me, he just stood there and kept answering my questions,and another wicked thing>>>you know in g2 a orc that is in the arena doors with a sheep?>he didn't attacked me!>but if I attacked the sheep he would>>this is what I DID:
erased all other orcs>make clear path from VOM and other side>>buyed 1985261875 sheeps from a guy (don't remember his name)(near onar's farm)

>> bringed the sheeps to that orc,and he talks to me(he starts the dialogue)
sayng some buulshiit in orcish)>>>then>>bang!! 1000 exp!
LOOOL,I asked allot of people,this doesn't happen to all why???>>((((btw((((I didn't had the original version of g2>pirated {no money }+)))

another freaky thing happened to me that I inserted a troll in arena in a evening(gothic time) while 1 of the gladators were training,surprise, the troll didn't attacked me and neither him the troll,he walked out,I was amazed!!>>>after 10 seconds he comes yelling with the other 2 gladiators at the troll and kick's it's butt(ofcourse I helped them)>>>weird thins about gothic ,hmm I should've began a new thread about this
well that's my story,and got loads of other buggy thins like that funny not funny bloody and stuff...>>>and so that you know for other people!::: mud wasn't that orc and he isn't a sheep shagging fella
I await your further questions?
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:07 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

can you give armor and wepon to mud or shrike??? how???
Is there any quest with them?? (if shrike survive the swampsharks attack)
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:04 am
MidgardDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Milan Kovacs
can you give armor and wepon to mud or shrike??? how???
Is there any quest with them?? (if shrike survive the swampsharks attack)

I'm not 100% positive it works as I haven't play-tested, but I'm pretty sure if you knock them down then go as if you were going to loot them, but instead transfer what you want them to equip to them it *might* work. It should def work for the weapon, but I dunno about the armor, the NPC's probably aren't scripted to wear different armor from what they usually wear. Always worth a try though if you really wanna take him along. I don't think I'd be able to stand him, personally.
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:35 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

@wulf:

Are you serious???

Thats awesome and hilarious at the same time if you actualy did all that.
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:27 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

And if you did, how ?
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:32 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

This isn't the answer what i wanted.... I still don't know how to do........
But when i do to the swamp, i saw Shrat. He tried to escape from a swampshark, but he ran wrong way and met with another, and they ,,ate" him.... ( it was funny but it is sad i see... )
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:31 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Chekote, sure thing,

You see, the animations are linked to the mesh of the head which on its own is pale tan coloured, like someone moulded it from clay, so any of the male head textures (like coloured skins) will simply stretch over them. there are four similar skins, for zombie, varying between dark and light skin, green or white eye's, half rows of teeth, red bloodshot veins, red open gash marks etc'.

In the file gothic\data\textures.vdf - - swap Mud's tex' (HUM_HEAD_V109_C1-C.TEX) with any of the four zombie tex's
1. (ZOM_HEAD_VO_CO-C.TEX)
2. (ZOM_HEAD_VO_C1-C.TEX)
3. (ZOM_HEAD_V1_CO-C.TEX)
4. (ZOM_HEAD_V1_C1-C.TEX)
The eye's will still blink and the lips will sync' with the speech, just like normal.

Here he is "ZombieMud" in the real game of Gothic. I chose a pale one of the sunken tower undead. Every time Mud talks now i have to smile.

http://picserver.org/view_image.php/12A6J9RIOU7J
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:56 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

eek, and I thought he couldnt get any more creepy!!!

But I was actualy talking about you training him and having him as a companion to the end of the game.
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:27 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next