Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic III Soundtrack samples and upcoming public showing :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I didnt play the addon but i saw alot of screenshot the desert reminds me of arizona or something haha really hate that setting looks very boring.

But will see what happens in Gothic 3 well any area i explore i'll do every single sidequest i can then leave but im looking forward to the forest parts those should have the most stuff envolved with those parts and only a bit for the other part specially the Desert.

Yeah it will be funny running out of water then some orcs chops you're head off and craps on you're face
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:08 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The whole "desert" in the add-on took about 4 minuttes to walk through. The G3 desert had better be a whole lot bigger, and the same with the ice region. The ice region in the add-on(where the ice dragon was) is a patch of land about as big as a farm.

I'm hoping for areas of those kinds, but mostly forests and swamps. The Gothic forests are really good in fact, in comparison to most games.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:30 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

yeah i just love gothics foresty part / feeling to it , i remember gothic first time i played it i just loved running threw the forest at night , running into an orc or a shadow beast.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:50 pm
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i actually like the parts of G1 that were more open more than the forest and swamp. i hope they have more open fields in G3 (besides the desert, i mean more kinda grassy than sandy).
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:42 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm, I actually agree with that. The big forest in G2 was a bit too full of life. It was so dark, and instead of bumping into cool shadowbeasts you bumped into those damn skeletons all the time. Or Wargs. I never liked the Wargs, they're like a badass version of the Orc Dog.

I love the forest in G1 between the Swamp Camp and the Old Camp, that stretches all the way from the Orc Cemetery to the Old Mine(past the old ruined monastery, on the south side of the Old Camp). Now that was a brilliant forest.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:23 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I really liked the sect's camp it was real neat the whole base with trees you can climb up and the big open temple outside loved roaming that place at night , just hated the ppl that live there i'd never join idiots like that soon as i started the game i knew i was gonna join the old camp , and deigo is one of my favorite characters his voice was really cool in gothic 1 but in 2 he sounds like dumbo the clown
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:10 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Paul999999
deigo is one of my favorite characters his voice was really cool in gothic 1 but in 2 he sounds like dumbo the clown

Okay so it is a different guy doing his voice in G2? I thought I was crazy. Well I guess I still am, just for different reasons. Who's Dumbo the Clown?
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:20 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
quote:
Originally posted by Paul999999
deigo is one of my favorite characters his voice was really cool in gothic 1 but in 2 he sounds like dumbo the clown

Okay so it is a different guy doing his voice in G2? I thought I was crazy. Well I guess I still am, just for different reasons. Who's Dumbo the Clown?

i dont know some famous clown george talks about on sienfeld to this other clown guy at a party i think there use to be a show on him just looks like a clown.

but he really sounds like a clown diego in gothic 2 they shoulda kept the voice from gothic 1.

EDIT: oops it was Bozo the clown haha.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:30 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Bozo, yes I vaguely remember that creepy clown.

Anyway, I really liked the different settings. They added variety to the game. When I was walking around the desert for the first time I thought "Wow Gothic doesn't look like Bavaria anymore. Weird." And I thoroughly enjoyed skipping about the ice region singing X-Mas carols while slaughtering lizard men. Ah good times.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:50 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
Bozo, yes I vaguely remember that creepy clown.

Anyway, I really liked the different settings. They added variety to the game. When I was walking around the desert for the first time I thought "Wow Gothic doesn't look like Bavaria anymore. Weird." And I thoroughly enjoyed skipping about the ice region singing X-Mas carols while slaughtering lizard men. Ah good times.
'

if you were wearing the high fire robe, it felt like you were the santa claus HO HO HO are there any nice children around?"
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:43 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Brotherhood! We definetly need a camp or town like that, it's great. I love the calm feeling and the huts in the trees etc. I really hope they bring back a similar camp!
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:52 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
I love the calm feeling and the huts in the trees etc.

You're right it was really calm there with the music, and trees, and hippies, and the sound of the water. It was like they were trying to make us feel the effects of swampweed without actually being on it. Virtual high. Very groovy.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:42 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Exactly! And when you meet Baal Netbek in the swamp(near the swampweed harvesters) you realize that PB were probably high as they made the place too..
"Greetings, my followers call me Baal Netbek!"
"Uhh, followers?"
"The treeeees, they skip and dance and jump!"
"Okay, this guy won't get me anywhere"
"Wait, you can help me turn the swamp into a big meadow of flooooweeers!"

Now that dude has smoked a few joints too much.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:10 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

HaHa! I loved that part! Then he says something like:
"Right. You just get started on that."
That no name guy is such a huggable little smart ass.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:34 am
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

one thing i didnt understand was that the swampweed had an actuall effect, but all the alchohal didn't. i wish it did like in Fable. i swear i spent half the game being drunk in that game. nothin like stickin an arrow in a dude then throwin up on his corpse.

sorry i put this in cause i thought it was funny
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:52 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next