Members
Usergroups
Godhood ? (major storyline spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Guest Dare

Godhood ? (major storyline spoilers)

In the course of the main quest you eventually meet Vivec who talks about the rituals involved in using the tools of Kragenac to strike the heart of Lorkhan and become a God. However Vivec only tells you how to disrupt the enchantments on the heart (1 strike of the hammer, and more than 1 from the sword), not how to become a god so as to avoid your using the tools for the wrong purpose.

However, in reading the notes at the back of Vivec's room there is an obscure passage in the Dissident Priest's version of the events on Red Mountain IIRC. Supposedly spoken by the Dwemer-Orc King of the dwemer of the time of the first Lord Nerevarine. He says something like a dwemer religous blessing about the 15-1 tones.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone tried to use the tools in that sequence to see what happens? Meaning 15 strikes with the hammer and 1 strike with the sword.

I'm just curious what would happen, if anything.

I just got wraithguard from Vivec and am still working on the 4th and 5th trials so I'm not ready to go find out myself yet.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:05 am

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Like the old man said "There ain't no sech animal in these parts".
If there was any way to get godhood, somebody would've found it by now, either honestly, or by cheating, and been bragging about it everywhere.

Now that I think of it, there is a godmode. Just type tgm, lol.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Prgrmr@wrk
Like the old man said "There ain't no sech animal in these parts".
If there was any way to get godhood, somebody would've found it by now, either honestly, or by cheating, and been bragging about it everywhere.

Apparently you never played Daggerfall then... There is more than likely a whole slew of things noone's found yet. The damn game's only been out now for what..? A month? Give it time and someone will figure it out. You have to remember that what all of the texts say, becoming a God using Kagnerac's tools was a ritual. Hell, Kagnerac MADE the tools and it took him a good long while to figure out exactly how they worked. I'm sure there's more to it than hittin the heart of Lorkhan like a congo drum. So keep looking and don't be so ignorant as to say "It doesn't exist"

I think the 15-1 thing MIGHT have something to do with it, but remember that one of the papers says that striking the heart once with Sunder and then once with Keening *STARTED* the process but the 3rd step is intentionally left out. If only Kagnerac left better notes... I've tried a buncha different things, like Soul Trapping the Heart (which didn't work... the ST cloud floated around the heart but didn't do anything after I killed it. But at least the spell did find a target... maybe it's PART of the 3rd step?) or possibly something to do with all of the amulets you aquire off the bodies of the Ash Vamps? *Shrugs* Like I said, there might be a couple things in this game that won't be figured out for a while. So keep tryin and don't say something doesn't exist when it's expressly mentioned SEVERAL times in the game by BOTH NPCs and texts (Sometimes texts by themselves are misleading because what they talk about really isn't in the game, but instead is something thrown in for amusement, and this is confirmed by Bethsoft). Keep the faith
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:53 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

It's been out for more then a month. I've been playing for exactly one month now, and it took me at least a couple weeks to get the game, even after I found out about it.

But with the thousands of ppl playing the game, and the number of weird things ppl will try (myself certainly included), it's very unlikely that there's any major easter eggs left to find. Besides, how much use would godhood actually be? You're already invincible by lvl 30-35 or so, no matter your class. Being invincible and a god is just redundant :P

In my opinion, all the godhood talk in the fiction of the game is just that, fiction. Atmosphere, a good story. My favorite part of the game are the stories contained in books and npc's actually. The writers for this game were excellent, and probably were just having fun when they wrote most of it.

All this is assuming that the programmers don't "cheat" and add new easter eggs in later patches.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:59 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

So short sighted...

You guys have been playing crappy RPG games like Diablo too much

I'm going to laugh at you 2 months from now when someone finds it... just so you know
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:38 pm

Is it possible to get higher than level 77? All my major and minor skills are at 100...maybe i will go to jail and lower them or something..
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:43 pm

Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

There's a couple variable's involved but it all matters how quickly you gained skills in certain areas. It's a big math equation and hard to explain but 77 sounds high enough to me
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:04 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Heck, if there does turn out to be a way to activate godhood, I'll tip my hat to you. But does it really seem likely? Easter eggs are one thing, but what would be the point of godhood? Look how much most ppl hated the Robe of St Roris before the patch.

This is the holy grail of secrets in the game, everyone has tried to find it. Somebody would've done it by now, if it could be done, since knowing what you're looking for is 4/5ths of the battle.

If there was an easter egg involved in equipping one random spoon as a weapon, of the 730 (I checked) that exist in the game, that gave the player access to an uber weapon, and nobody knew about a spoon being the secret, that would be a hard easter egg to crack. But everyone knows about the heart, because of all the teasers. It's too obvious.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:44 am

MY CHARACTER JUST BECAME A GOD!!! IT IS POSSIBLE
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:51 am

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Sure you did. Show me proof please. Screenshots, save files, things like that.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:40 am

i may not be a god, but can a god kill a yak from 40 yards way using mind bullets? Or kill vivec with his fists. Me and vivec had a boxing match for about 2 hours. I WON! good ol hand to hand at 100. Just for fun. I think i will kill go fight everyone using my fists only. And wear shaggy cloths and get doped up on skooma. str 1200, inteligence....0
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:26 am

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

By Gods, you're all mad!

Just look at the script for the Heart in the Construction Set. It's all there. Muhar.

-Matt
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:29 am
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
i may not be a god, but can a god kill a yak from 40 yards way using mind bullets?

I'd say that's a godlike quality
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:40 am
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Based on my sig, I'd say I'm god. If anyone deity up there disagrees, may I be struck with lightning.

Nothing? Oh well, guess I'm right.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:57 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
MY CHARACTER JUST BECAME A GOD!!! IT IS POSSIBLE

In your fantasies, yes Ryan. That's why everyone here loves and supports you. Thank you for your time.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next